Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 10:07   #1
Resting in Peace

What are the Odds

What are the odds that the gang of four get away with theft, they are even trying to use Parliamentary Privileges as a defence, have these people no shame
Old 06-02-2010, 11:06   #2

Re: What are the Odds

No!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:14   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What are the odds that the gang of four get away with theft, they are even trying to use Parliamentary Privileges as a defence, have these people no shame
They are also trying to use a 17th century Bill of Rights, which at any other time the legal system denies exists, any way I thought brown had signed all that away with the Lisbon fiasco.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Neil; 06-02-2010 at 11:51. Reason: language
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17   #4
Senior Member+

The 3 MPs could well be trying that but I don't know whether it could be construed as PP - I always thought that was to protecte them against slanderous (and as it is recorded in Hansard -Libellous) comments made within the House.
I do not know if the House of Lords come under the same PP, perhaps someone can enlighten me on that point?
Old 06-02-2010, 14:01   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The 3 MPs could well be trying that but I don't know whether it could be construed as PP - I always thought that was to protect them against slanderous (and as it is recorded in Hansard -Libellous) comments made within the House.
I do not know if the House of Lords come under the same PP, perhaps someone can enlighten me on that point?
Think they are winging it on a prayer hoping Barrie, they think the are above the law of the land, and will wriggle like a worm on a fishing line to get away with it
Old 06-02-2010, 19:29   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Think they are winging it on a prayer hoping Barrie, they think the are above the law of the land, and will wriggle like a worm on a fishing line to get away with it
here is one for the intelligent of us.

When my bar was to be re-furbished I was asked if I wanted an open bar or a shuttered bar.The answer was shuttered.

The reason was that I could defend myself from burglars but not from committee men. Sad but true

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 20:20   #7
Senior Member+

I think that they should fall under common law. I am surprised it is just 4. I think there should have been suspensions for many others.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 20:45   #8
Resting in Peace

I'll bet you a balm cake to a wine gum they do.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 17:33   #9
Senior Member+

Should they not be suspended from Parliament until this goes to Court?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 18:45   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
That can't happen, our 'Justice', system says, "Innocent until covered in whitewash".
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 18:51   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
Aye suspended from something or other & preferably by their nads. Lets see how quickly you get a response then
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:05   #12
God Member

Quote:
We have been hearing on our news about a certain Lord Ashcroft ... and I notice that none of AccyWeb's tories, or anyone for that matter, have mentioned him. I was just wondering how much shame he has
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We have been hearing on our news about a certain Lord Ashcroft ... and I notice that none of AccyWeb's tories, or anyone for that matter, have mentioned him. I was just wondering how much shame he has
Its always interesting to watch Lord Ashcroft's mate....Willy Wonka Hague squirm everytime he's asked about where Ashcroft pays his tax. Apparently Hague has asked him.....but is still unable to give a straight answer....so if he cant be straight, its safe to assume Bent!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..