Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2006, 00:45   #1
I am Banned

what does people think of ITV The Mint & Quizmania ???

I just thought i'd start this thread to hear what other people make of these money grabbing quiz shows ITV now show 24 hours a day.

I personally think they are a rip off I made a few calls once, two words, NEVER AGAIN !!! Its really not worth it they charge 60p a call knowing that they will get millions of people with the number on speed dial phoning in constantly these unfortunate few that do win can just about cover their phone bill while the ones that ring constantly with no success get nothing but a massive phone bill and worst still keep on phoning. I have heard rumours that they take in fake calls also that they only put people through who make ridiculous amounts of calls ie if someone makes 80-100 calls they will get through but if a person makes 2-5 calls they don't stand a chance.
who_eat_all_the_pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2006, 02:16   #2
Senior Member+

Re: what does people think of ITV The Mint & Quizmania ???

it is sooooooooooooooo annoying!! i mean come on i know our licence fee doesnt go towards the itv but those mint and quizmania are ridiculous!!!!

its on every other chanel at the moment on sky and i have no doubts there are ppl who are really drillin up a huge phone bill. they're thinkin damn i've made 10 calls i'm down 10/15 quid so i mite aswell try again and i mite get thru next time - greed is a vicious thing.
Old 25-06-2006, 02:24   #3
Senior Member+

eek sorry multiple postin
Old 25-06-2006, 06:39   #4
God Member

I stumbled across one of those channels once and I couldn't believe my eyes. The questions were so dumb - what's 1+2+3+4? and people were ringing in saying 96, 65, 32 etc. I rang it once to see what happened and of course, didn't get through but didn't ring again. I did stay watching for a short while (I was transfixed) but it was obvious that the people ringing were fixed - the same voices kept coming up.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 08:00   #5
Resting in Peace

On some of them there is "free web entry" but when they ring you back is costs YOU £0.60p can be a cheaper way to play but still costs.
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 08:51   #6
God Member

These programs prey on those who are desperate and as been stated by w.e.a.t.p. all they win is a large phone bill. Its just a ruse to make lots of money off those who do phone in. I wonder how much the companies who make these programs in profit against what is paid out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 09:00   #7
Give, give, give member

I've occasionally caught them whilst channel hopping. I sat there transfixed.

Of course it does look incredibly easy and the amounts of prize money seem very attractive, but I happily wasn't ever going to call in. Instead I was amazed by the shows and how the presenters can constanly talk such drivel, enticing us to call in and win.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 10:54   #8
I am Banned

Personally they do my head in & now they have dedicated channels for quizes now - who'd wanna stay up to watch them plus when you call i bet they are premium rates & some muppet rings them hoping to see cash....waste of tv.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 11:08   #9
God Member

They really are crap aren't they!!

I have found myself watching for longer than 30 seconds if Brian's on but that's it!
Old 25-06-2006, 11:10   #10
I am Banned

who's Brian cant you tell i dont watch them lol
Old 25-06-2006, 11:14   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
who's Brian cant you tell i dont watch them lol
BB's Brian ........ He is quite funny on it.
Old 25-06-2006, 11:15   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
BB's Brian ........ He is quite funny on it.
Ahhhhh why cant he do some other presenting rather than quizes or better still go back to the BB house
Old 25-06-2006, 11:20   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Ahhhhh why cant he do some other presenting rather than quizes or better still go back to the BB house
........... Or better still, come on a night out with us lot!!
Old 25-06-2006, 11:23   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
........... Or better still, come on a night out with us lot!!
Now you are talking hehehehe would be a cracking night - who needs tv then lol
Old 25-06-2006, 13:31   #15
God Member

think itv will hit many problems soon enough,i know there are many other advertising channels nowadays which is why itv has come up with this ridiculous mint programme and its an absolute rip off. maybe itvs days are numbered as i for one refuse to even view them i find them very annoying. all i can say is thank god for accyweb as nite time telly is rubbish these days
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..