Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2012, 11:25   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What exactly is Housework?

What exactly is housework?

I only ask because a cif advert claims that women do up to 6 hours of housework. Now, I don't have a woman and I'm not terribly keen on housework but even I can spend more than 6 hours doing housework.
Is it because I'm not using cif that it takes me longer? Or is it because housework isn't just a quick wipe around the kitchen and bathroom but also includes throwing the hoover about the place every now and then, cleaning the odd few dishes, cooking, laundry, and the one that really takes up the most of my time picking fliers up from behind my letterbox and transferring them to the white sack?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2012, 11:27   #2
Senior Member+

Re: What exactly is Housework?

i just know that my idea of tydying up, isnt the same as hers, i think its clean n tidy when she does it, but she doesnt when i do it, and as far as i know i do the same?
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:39   #3
God Member

Some women are obsessive about housework - I am not.
I recall a time when a friend of mine and I had planned a day out in Southport with our toddlers.
I left a sink full of pots and unmade beds in order to be at her home on time, and found her frantically cleaning and saying 'This is the week I do my skirting boards'.

She hasn't changed over time. When I last visited I was 'received' in the small room off the kitchen, because she wanted to keep her lounge 'pristine'.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:42   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Some women are obsessive about housework - I am not.
I recall a time when a friend of mine and I had planned a day out in Southport with our toddlers.
I left a sink full of pots and unmade beds in order to be at her home on time, and found her frantically cleaning and saying 'This is the week I do my skirting boards'.

She hasn't changed over time. When I last visited I was 'received' in the small room off the kitchen, because she wanted to keep her lounge 'pristine'.
Yes, I've got a sister like that, the only woman I know that could have a white carpet in the lounge that was even whiter eight years later, not a stain in sight.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:10   #5
Senior Member+

I've been accused of "cleaning like a typical bloke" but I've never really understood where I go wrong.

I have a cleaner who comes in once a week, and I spend an hour cleaning the place before she arrives. I'd hate her to see the place messy!

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 13:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I have a cleaner who comes in once a week, and I spend an hour cleaning the place before she arrives. I'd hate her to see the place messy!
Well perhaps you would like to take advantage of the new confidential service I have to offer?
I call around an hour before your cleaner do a bit of tidying up, not enough of course to make your cleaner feel redundant, then I disappear before she arrives, I promise, she won't hear from me what a scruffy beggar you are.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:27   #7
Senior Member+

I got a better idea, let's start a OCD support group, and swap houses, once a week
Old 17-09-2012, 13:30   #8

I SUCK at housework. I've just sold my house and it's so unkempt, that I have had to take a £10K loss on it, and it's sold on the premise that I am to get it professionally cleaned just before I leave.
I was never housetrained, is my excuse. I am a feral human, kind of like a long-time stray cat.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
I got a better idea, let's start a OCD support group, and swap houses, once a week
So here I am trying to set up a new business and you think it's a better idea that we all swap houses on a voluntary basis? I'll never get off the dole at this rate!
Old 17-09-2012, 13:36   #10
God Member

At my age (70 soon) housework takes up a lot of energy which I seem to lack.
I have a pale plain carpet in my lounge and hall which reminds me when hoovering is overdue, so I park my Dyson in the lounge (sometimes for several days), and wait until I get an energy rush.
If I have visitors while I wait for energy, they won't think I'm a slob - they'll just think that their visit has interrupted cleaning.

Last edited by MargaretR; 17-09-2012 at 13:39.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 13:38   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh do ask some real difficult questions Less, don't even know what the word means, never mind what it is.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:38   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So here I am trying to set up a new business and you think it's a better idea that we all swap houses on a voluntary basis? I'll never get off the dole at this rate!
We could make you their "therapist", and we charge them, how's that
Old 17-09-2012, 13:42   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What exactly is housework?

Havent a clue? I was NOT put on this earth to clean up!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 13:56   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
We could make you their "therapist", and we charge them, how's that
Well I could follow them around, moving ornaments and other objects they have just spent 30 minutes putting into exactly the right location...
Old 17-09-2012, 13:57   #15
Beacon of light

Only the most boring women have immaculate homes.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..