Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2009, 17:42   #91
God Member

Re: What have the Tories ever done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ok, I get your drift ... but, if, as you state, it is a matter of British sovereignty why would the tories form a "grouping" that seems (from what I read at a distance, admitedly) to hold such un-British values and ideas If it is a question of making decisions in Westminster rather than Brussels, why not, well, just make decisions in Westminster
Well because we don't have the power to do so as it's been handed over to Europe. We need to fight to have powers given back so we can decide on things ourselves. The problem with the EU is you have to be in groupings to get things done. The Conservatives felt being in a pro-federal group was counterproductive to their reformist approach and therefore built a new group with MEP's whom shared their views on taking back powers.

If you look at the backgrounds of the parties Labour are grouping with in the EU you'll find many you will disagree with. That's part of the problem of Europe. Just another reason why they should have less of a say over our domestic policy.
Old 22-10-2009, 17:59   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Well because we don't have the power to do so as it's been handed over to Europe. We need to fight to have powers given back so we can decide on things ourselves. The problem with the EU is you have to be in groupings to get things done. The Conservatives felt being in a pro-federal group was counterproductive to their reformist approach and therefore built a new group with MEP's whom shared their views on taking back powers.

If you look at the backgrounds of the parties Labour are grouping with in the EU you'll find many you will disagree with. That's part of the problem of Europe. Just another reason why they should have less of a say over our domestic policy.
What do you mean, you don't have the power? Of course you do. Unless you guys have completely squandered your independence; and I really don't see how that could have happened In our much smaller (tho' not in the sense of surface area) country, with a much larger and more powerful neighbour, we maintain an independent foreign and domestic policy. We do have strong ties with the US, but take a real close look and you will see how different we are from them ... in foreign policy, Cuba and Iraq come immediately to mind. I can't see the that difficulties involved in the British doing what is best for Britain are all that insurmountable ... certainly it shouldn't involve getting all warm and fuzzy with a bunch of Lativians who think Auschwitz was a good start.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 15:58   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Massive debt is not just a local (UK) problem.
I have been watching Gerald Celente's forecasts for several months now.
His latest trend announcement can be heard here
Gerald Celente News Blog

The dollar is about to collapse completely.
The USA is bankrupt, and this is due to be realised/admitted before year end.
The first sign will be a prolonged 'bank holiday' when cash movements will be frozen.
PS to my post#70 part quoted above.
Strange goings on are happening to the banking system this weekend
GOING GLOBAL - EAST MEETS WEST - ARTICLES OF INTEREST: BANKS WORLDWIDE GET READY FOR THE OCTOBER SURPRISE!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 16:13   #94
God Member

Quote:
GOING GLOBAL - EAST MEETS WEST - ARTICLES OF INTEREST: BANKS WORLDWIDE GET READY FOR THE OCTOBER SURPRISE!
Hate financial surprises. And as for banks they are about as open as to what they are doing as their vaults are open to the public to lift all the cash they can carry.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 08:38   #95
JFT96

Quote:
This link is now dead, looked at it last night made interesting reading, but as you know me Margaret I am a bit of a cynic and did not believe it. It seemed to say we were in big trouble today? seems like it did not happen.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:39   #96
JFT96

So Maragret, Any news on this then.....
The first sign will be a prolonged 'bank holiday' when cash movements will be frozen.- (maybe worldwide depending on what they decided at the recent meeting in Philadelphia) You will not be told about this bank holiday in advance, so that a 'run on the banks' can be avoided.
On re-opening for business a new currency will be announced.
This might be the Amero (which has already been minted)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ged-47655.html (Attn Eric - USA, Canada & Mexico to be merged)
or a New World Currency
People who have debts are about to lose less than those who have savings - but both will be losers.
When the dollar fails there will be knock on effect worldwide.
I do not know what these will be - any suggestions?

This is not conspiracy theory - it is evolving FACT

The October Bank Holiday never happened... Would be interesting to hear the 'Truth'....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:47   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So Maragret, Any news on this then.....
The first sign will be a prolonged 'bank holiday' when cash movements will be frozen.- (maybe worldwide depending on what they decided at the recent meeting in Philadelphia) You will not be told about this bank holiday in advance, so that a 'run on the banks' can be avoided.
On re-opening for business a new currency will be announced.
This might be the Amero (which has already been minted)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ged-47655.html (Attn Eric - USA, Canada & Mexico to be merged)
or a New World Currency
People who have debts are about to lose less than those who have savings - but both will be losers.
When the dollar fails there will be knock on effect worldwide.
I do not know what these will be - any suggestions?

This is not conspiracy theory - it is evolving FACT

The October Bank Holiday never happened... Would be interesting to hear the 'Truth'....
Patience.......many nations haven't managed to get their gold reserves up to scratch yet.
This has been hampered by gold plated tungsten bars being found in reserves in China and which originated in USA.
There are a lot of 'heated exchanges' going on about it

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article14996.html

Last edited by MargaretR; 07-12-2009 at 11:54.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 15:30   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Patience.......many nations haven't managed to get their gold reserves up to scratch yet.
This has been hampered by gold plated tungsten bars being found in reserves in China and which originated in USA.
There are a lot of 'heated exchanges' going on about it

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article14996.html
Trouble is Margaret we have no gold Gordon sold it at rock bottom prices
Old 07-12-2009, 17:05   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
Posted via Mobile Device whats a babana republic?
I think he may have ment Osama
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..