Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 15:23   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What? Nobody mentioned The Airport!

It seem's that a load of unruly thugs invaded an airport today, they caused problems for lot's of law abiding citizens.

Where are the protests?

They broke the law!

Why didn't some pilot take responsibility and bundle them all into his aircraft and then drop them off from a great height at the nearest Police Station?

Or are we talking double standards here?

A little thicko should have the book thrown at him, but middle class tearaways should be praised for their actions?

BBC NEWS | England | Essex | Runway protest strands passengers
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2008, 15:24   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: What? Nobody mentioned The Airport!

It's nice all the brats of the Greenham Common women have found a nice hobby.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 15:57   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's nice all the brats of the Greenham Common women have found a nice hobby.
Yes well, I think life is strange, we have wars and machinery so the carbon footprint for such must be immense!
Where do this latest lot of hippies protest? Outside a civil airport and justify themselves by saying that it was they're parents generation that let them down.

Hang on we didn't know that much about global warming it hadn't been invented yet.

Our generation in the west was busy matching the so called Russian threat of the cold war and building, (and protesting against), nuclear weapons, never mind mind blowing drugs of the sixties hey, let's have paranoia all around.

The generation before our's was fighting a world war against a silly little fascist, they neither had time to worry nor had they even a concept of global warming.

So, O.K. it may be a little late, and if we hadn't been distracted by other things going on, we could have made a perfect world for the protesters.

I for one am knackered, don't blame me, don't blame the other generations, this is now your problem deal with it!

At least you still have a world to live in, with any luck you can make it better for the next generation!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 16:12   #4
Resting in Peace

Whenever I see anything like this I just think get a life, the police have enough to do without dealling with tree hugers and save the polar bear brigade
Old 08-12-2008, 16:15   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Whenever I see anything like this I just think get a life, the police have enough to do without dealling with tree hugers and save the polar bear brigade
like crack down on poachers??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 16:26   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post

I'm all for that...i prefer mine BOILED!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 16:33   #7
God Member

As they are climate change protesters did they all walk there to stage their protest ? Seems odd if they did why a group of 50+ people walking to stansted airport in the middle of the night weren't spotted

Also why did they take them away in various buses and police vans, surely as climate change protesters they should have made them walk to the furthest police station from Stansted
Old 08-12-2008, 16:47   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Nout like an honest poacher ema, they make great Game Keepers
Old 08-12-2008, 17:08   #9
Senior Member+

lol, i was being serious..was on the news this morning

there ya go

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Homes raided in coursing inquiry

Quote:
Two homes in north Lancashire have been raided by police and RSPCA officers as part of an inquiry into hare coursing

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 18:45   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Makes more sense than saving trees and hugging polar bears
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 19:04   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
They broke the law!

Why didn't some pilot take responsibility and bundle them all into his aircraft and then drop them off from a great height at the nearest Police Station?
errm because the Police arrested them
Old 08-12-2008, 21:53   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As they are climate change protesters did they all walk there to stage their protest ? Seems odd if they did why a group of 50+ people walking to stansted airport in the middle of the night weren't spotted

Also why did they take them away in various buses and police vans, surely as climate change protesters they should have made them walk to the furthest police station from Stansted
not odd dave, as the perimeter fence is 80 miles long, n stanstead aint the biggest airport, ya would need n army to patrol those fences, n don't nobody mention CCTV, as the watchers are usually asleep or playing cards etc.
Old 08-12-2008, 22:16   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Personally i would give these arrogant middle class ******* 3 yrs, no remission, would be interesting to see if they would Fight the good Fight, after a bit of bird.
Old 08-12-2008, 22:33   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Personally i would give these arrogant middle class ******* 3 yrs, no remission, would be interesting to see if they would Fight the good Fight, after a bit of bird.
That would serve no purpose Cashy; they would only become martyrs in their time.

Whilst I do not agree with what they did, some desperate action has to be taken to reduce carbon emissions on our planet, otherwise our children are going to face a very bleak future.

This type of demonstration is unlawful (and was dealt with) and inconvenienced and disappointed quite a lot of people .. lots of sob stories here, but they have achieved their goal I feel, and made us more aware of the threat air pollution is handing us.

Wouldn't describe them as ******* myself, just a toss-pot action.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 22:40   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
That would serve no purpose Cashy; they would only become martyrs in their time.

Whilst I do not agree with what they did, some desperate action has to be taken to reduce carbon emissions on our planet, otherwise our children are going to face a very bleak future.

This type of demonstration is unlawful (and was dealt with) and inconvenienced and disappointed quite a lot of people .. lots of sob stories here, but they have achieved their goal I feel, and made us more aware of the threat air pollution is handing us.

Wouldn't describe them as ******* myself, just a toss-pot action.
disagree kate most people i talk too do not honestly give a rats about carbon emissions, n as fer being martyrs i think not, apart from the dick head circles they mix in.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..