Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 17:38   #1

What to Do

I don't post on here every day (or even every week for that matter), however I do tend to visit to get an idea of what everyone is talking about and thinking.

This last week I have been without a monitor so therefore unable to visit, I didn't realise how much time I must have spent on here.

Mind you I only come on here when Mrs Accy is watching her soaps so I can always remind her how much time she spends doing that .

Just to say missed you all and glad to be back.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2007, 17:46   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: What to Do

Good to have you back.

Cold turkey is never a good idea, unless it's on a butty.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 17:57   #3
Yank in King Art's Court!

Hey Stanaccy, I too have been off for awhile from Accyweb (not that anyone missed me I'm sure).

I do miss staying up with my Accyweb family and look forward to getting back to what's going on over there. Not quite sure of the meaning of this thread title and/or there was a question in there?

I wonder if there were a way for Accyweb to have an area for members to actually list time they expect to be away. That way folks don't just fade away, are off on vacation/holiday, hospitalize, etc., without us all knowing about it.

I know that people often list this stuff in a thread but having a calander type check off list might be kind of a neat thing. Maybe too time consuming for the experts to put on though eh?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 18:06   #4

Actually Brian I have an apology to make it should have read "What a to Do".

It has been quite illuminating though, I have realised that Corrie-Emmer-Enders really are abysmal, my stepson can't cope without online games and "A Book With No Name" by Anonymous is rather brilliant.

Cheers Rindy, I really have to try and make one of these here meets one day, so I can put faces to names (Next time it's in Harwood anyway, The Butcher is a good pub HINT).
Old 07-08-2007, 18:21   #5
Yank in King Art's Court!

Aye, my wife and kids are still 500 miles up north visiting our families. It is amazing how quiet things are around here. And coming inside without either the tele going or the computer on is quite blissfull.

I did shock all up there by driving up on saturday and "bumping" into them on ocean rocks we love to climb on (Jamestown, Rhode Island). I then drove back here on sunday. The quiet here has been nice for me to recooperate from the long trip.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 18:25   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Hey Stanaccy, I too have been off for awhile from Accyweb (not that anyone missed me I'm sure).

I missed you, and noticed you weren't playing in the Global Trivia quiz. I thought you were just giving us lesser mortals a chance to catch up...a bit.

I'd have sent a search party to Culpeper, if you hadn't played by Labor Day.

Old 07-08-2007, 19:45   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
Cheers Rindy, I really have to try and make one of these here meets one day, so I can put faces to names (Next time it's in Harwood anyway, The Butcher is a good pub HINT).
I hope the next meet isn't in harwood as I'm gonna miss it with being away But sept one would be ok

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 20:00   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
Actually Brian I have an apology to make it should have read "What a to Do".

It has been quite illuminating though, I have realised that Corrie-Emmer-Enders really are abysmal, my stepson can't cope without online games and "A Book With No Name" by Anonymous is rather brilliant.

stan yer a friend for life i think abysmal also.
Old 07-08-2007, 20:01   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I hope the next meet isn't in harwood as I'm gonna miss it with being away But sept one would be ok
Ok then September then sounds good to me.

pub, drink, yep sounds good.
Old 07-08-2007, 20:11   #10
Beacon of light

I was away last week...pushing Ma around Folkestone,France and Canterbury.
I missed my accyweb time....but to be honest I was so cream crackered that i didn't catch any of the evening entertainment in the hotel.
Have you any idea how hard it is to push a wheelchair over the cobbled streets of Canterbury?
Six hours wheelchair pushing in Cite Europe was a little better......smooth modern floors......I told ma that the louder she screamed the faster I would go. We did have some good giggles - as always.
I missed you lot though.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:38   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I missed you lot though.
We missed you too. I for one notice when people aren't here. Sad aren't I?

Old 07-08-2007, 23:13   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Awww you gonna miss me then???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 23:16   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
yeh you are i missed margaret also.
Old 07-08-2007, 23:23   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Awww you gonna miss me then???
Yes, but I won't mention it whilst you are actually away, to foil and burglars reading Accy Web.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:11   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
Yes, but I won't mention it whilst you are actually away, to foil and burglars reading Accy Web.
Good advice that Gary, it's the same down the pub,you never know who's earwiging back to the thread I had to spend nearly a 'grand' to get back to accyweb since her indoors picked up a 'mouse' and found she could use it, four days cold turkey is a lifetime.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..