Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2011, 07:20   #1
Resting in Peace

What's the Baby

Kathy Witterick and David Stocker are raising a 'genderless baby' | Mail Online

Just when you think you've heard every daft story in the book up pops this. Kathy Witterick and her hubby David Stocker have a child whom they have called Storm, nice name you may say, the only thing is they are not saying whether the child is a boy or a girl, they're going to let the child make up its own mind when its old enough

Now forgive me for being just a tad sceptical here but have they not realised that mother nature might just have had a little to say on the subject already, or is it a case of well if our he/she wants to be a boy we'll just stick a tail on it (sorry for the us of the word it, just being pc here in keeping with the parents) This couple, with this kind of mentality, certainly wouldn't spoil another couple, its just the kid I feel sorry for, having such a couple of numpties as parents
Old 25-05-2011, 11:38   #2
God Member

Re: What's the Baby

So whats this kid gonna wear? No dresses, no trousers, it'll be dressed in a sac because you can't tell its gender from that? Each to their own and all that but unfortunately society is a cruel thing, i hope the poor kid is accepted, somewhere
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 11:44   #3
Beacon of light

Jaysay, this couple aren't numpties(which in my book means they are below average intelligence), they are nutters.
How is this child going to be able to choose its own gender? Surely the mother must have bought some gender specific clothes.
What about close family in this equation, grandparents for instance....how do they see this couples bizarre behaviour?
It makes me wonder if social services won't be knocking at their door trying to take the child to somewhere it can be brought up properly.
Poor child to be saddled with such lunatic parents.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 11:50   #4
Beacon of light

I see this couple are Canadian.......and that their boy Jazz (who likes to wear a dress) has already been shunned by children of his own age.
According to the article, the grandparents support this couple.......one can only conclude from this that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....and that perhaps they are, as a family......just a bit crazy(or publicity hungry).
Old 25-05-2011, 17:43   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I see this couple are Canadian.......and that their boy Jazz (who likes to wear a dress) has already been shunned by children of his own age.
According to the article, the grandparents support this couple.......one can only conclude from this that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....and that perhaps they are, as a family......just a bit crazy(or publicity hungry).
Ya Margaret, but think we have to accept it is in Canada Think if it was in this country the Social Services would be looking at the case, um well happen not giving their track record of bolting the stable door when the horse has bolted
Old 25-05-2011, 21:19   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Margaret, but think we have to accept it is in Canada Think if it was in this country the Social Services would be looking at the case, um well happen not giving their track record of bolting the stable door when the horse has bolted
We will have to see what eric has to say on this slightly unusual take on parenting
Old 25-05-2011, 21:33   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've got some cheek .. your lot have already made massive funding cuts in Social Services..wake up .. I mean go back to sleep
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 21:43   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think the parents should be "Commited" they have released saner lunatics onto our streets oer here.
Old 25-05-2011, 21:48   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
We will have to see what eric has to say on this slightly unusual take on parenting
"Unusual" parenting or lets say "close family" stuff has been going on for a good few centuries around Ossy .. folks up Stanhill way can't walk out the front door without bumping into a brother, sister, uncle ..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 02:54   #10
God Member

A womam called in to my local radio station when I was out driving today , a Hippie chick who was into non violence , saying she/her husband had never bought their son toy guns , one day when he was about five she had given him a peanut butter,jelly/jam sandwich , she was shocked when the nipper nibbled the 'butty' into the shape of a gun and pointed it at her and said "Bang Bang" ..... laughed my ass off
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 06:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
First I've heard of it ... of course, we don't have newspapers like the Daily Mail And you have to remember that we are in the middle of the Stanley Cup playoffs , when the real news is the Canucks' goal in the second period of OT, to put them into the final. Once the playoffs are over, it might make the news.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 06:20   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
"Unusual" parenting or lets say "close family" stuff has been going on for a good few centuries around Ossy .. folks up Stanhill way can't walk out the front door without bumping into a brother, sister, uncle ..

I think this kind of remark is said of lots of places......Tockholes and Padiham being just two of those.

This is different. These parents don't want to stereotype their children, but in doing what they are doing, they are imposing their own views onto the children, despite their claims that they let the children choose their gender.
They are causing them to be 'different' to thier(the childrens) peers, and as such are alienating them from what a normal child should experience......play!
Old 26-05-2011, 06:29   #13
Give, give, give member

I think the children are very lucky.

Their stupid parents at least allow them to wear clothes.

Which at least means the choice of what sort of creature they are, has been taken away from the child.

'Darling, you can be whatever you want to be.'

'A bird, a cat, a monkey.'

'Though if you decide you're a dog, we'll have to buy some bags to pop your poop in.'

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 06:48   #14
God Member

Just checked the major Canadian news sites and found that the only news worth mentioning tonite is that Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Boston Bruins to force a seventh game in their semi-final series. Nothing at all about weird parenting.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 07:51   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Just checked the major Canadian news sites and found that the only news worth mentioning tonite is that Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Boston Bruins to force a seventh game in their semi-final series. Nothing at all about weird parenting.
well it wouldn't be news if it was normal out yon eric.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..