Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 00:46   #1
land of hope and glory

whats the world comming too?

watching a load of crap on telly , bbc news24 what are they pumping into us but a load of crap? they are all starving why...................cause we have not donated enough that produces jack ****!they have been living off us for years.when do we get a life and say thats it we need to look after ourselves?every goverment we have elected have give billions abroad yet you look around you and its awesome.can anyone remember the st joephs penny or the prick a card? they are not human and cant comprehend ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sad state of afaiers but its the truth.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2006, 01:00   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: whats the world comming too?

Whose starving?

The people at the BBC???

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:10   #3
I am Banned

ime starving..

well ok ime peckish but give it a few hours and i will be starving
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:02   #4
Resident Waffler

If you're talking about people who live in countries where crops have failed due to lack of rain, I'm afraid I'm guilty of thinking thank goodness I don't live there, which is a very selfish attitude. Look at parts of southern England and how they suffer from 'drought' and yet it rains there every year! What must it be like in a country where it hasn't rained for over a year and longer?

What's your answer? Tell them to work for a living so they can buy food instead of growing it? So where would they buy it from even if there were jobs for them to do?

Whenever I start to feel like I wish I had more money or to envy people with bigger houses/cars/gardens/caravans etc etc etc I remind myself that compared to a large portion of this earth's population I am living in luxury and there but for the grace of God go I.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:42   #5

I agree Willow really we are so lucky here. I watched the news the other week and it showed the people up in the mountains of pakistan were the snow completely covered the floor, and all the families had were broken holey tents were 12 people had to sleep in them with wet covers and blankets. It actually showed the children shivering and when they went to bed at nite they were frightened to sleep as not all would wake up in the morning.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:52   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmatjackson
it showed the people up in the mountains of pakistan were the snow completely covered the floor....It actually showed the children shivering and when they went to bed at nite they were frightened to sleep as not all would wake up in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
and there but for the grace of God go I.
Just a couple of quotes that go well together I think. Surely it would only take a wave of His Almighty hand and those children would be warm and fed.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:03   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Just a couple of quotes that go well together I think. Surely it would only take a wave of His Almighty hand and those children would be warm and fed.
Use more petrol, burn more coal, the CO2 emmisions and global warming will soon have their little tootsies warm again, no need to disturb the omnipresent one, he's too busy listening to the selfish prayers of all the westerners.

Gosh a nearly religious moment from one of accywebs resident atheists!

(a picture of my latest girl friend, I'll be bringing her into the country shortly).

Last edited by Less; 02-02-2006 at 09:06.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:10   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Gosh a nearly religious moment from one of accywebs resident atheists!

(a picture of my latest girl friend, I'll be bringing her into the country shortly).

It seems a little odd that an atheist would have a nun for a girlfriend. Are you rescueing her from starvation or was that just a little thread wander? Wears the soap.

Last edited by Neil; 02-02-2006 at 09:23.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It seems a little odd that an atheist would have a nun for a girlfriend. Are you rescueing her from starvation or was that just a little thread wander?
Hedging my bets in case god is in a bad mood, I don't mind if he smites me for not believing in me but I would hate to have him think I didn't try hard enough and allowed a woman to go to waste!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 22:10   #10
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Indeed he could, but that wouldn't really help any of us to learn not to be selfish. He doesn't interefere because he promised he wouldn't. He does ask that we act on his behalf, and some of us do. I don't claim to have all the answers. I don't believe anyone does, but I do believe that one day we'll have a better understanding of what it was all about when we see it from his point of view.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 23:50   #11
land of hope and glory

can you tell that to the rest of the world willow so that are boys can come home and be with there famileys, some people cant understand............but your right wise words!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..