Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: how often do you want your wheelie bin emptied
weekly 20 95.24%
every two weeks 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2005, 00:23   #1
I am Banned

wheelie bin vote

i think i have made my views clear on the wheelie bin policy but out of interest lets have a vote on it

how often do you want your wheelie bins emptied
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2005, 08:06   #2
Senior Member+

Re: wheelie bin vote

That was a really hard decision but after much pondering i came up with the right decision.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 08:24   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no contest----------- but it will be ignored as usual lol
Old 17-06-2005, 09:57   #4

I have a definate view but noone will listen...
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 10:55   #5
Senior Member+

No doubt given time HBC will revert back to weekly collections. At extra cost to the council tax payer of course.
Old 17-06-2005, 12:42   #6
Resident Waffler

Have they reduced the hours the bin men work? At one time they were emptied weekly and the recycling ones were fortnightly but they could sometimes do to be emptied more often too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 12:53   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
No doubt given time HBC will revert back to weekly collections.
I doubt it. If half your rubbish can be recycled what is the problem with emptying each one every fortnight? It equates to the same as emptying all your rubbish every week. It just costs HBC less to do it fortnightly.
Old 17-06-2005, 12:53   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I like how you have voted Roy. I bet it costs more than 60p a week for the bin wagon to empty your bin
Old 17-06-2005, 13:12   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I doubt it. If half your rubbish can be recycled what is the problem with emptying each one every fortnight? It equates to the same as emptying all your rubbish every week. It just costs HBC less to do it fortnightly.
if it was that simple people wouldnt be leaving extra binbags on the alleys or having to get up early and hope they can find some room in other peoples wheelie bins

every morning they are due to empty wheeli bins the alleys are full of people wandering with binliners hoping to find a wheelie bin that isnt full so thay can put their extra rubbish somwhere

although if HBC want to come round and recycle my babys sh1tty nappies they can do so if they wish

i would be more supportive of recycleing if HBC made it easier for us to do and didnt make it an almost military like operation to get as much into one bin as possible

as for costing HBC less to collect rubbish where exactly do the savings go

are they passed onto us , does it keep our council tax bill lower or at least stop it rising or does it simply get wasted because of things like the mayors swearing in ceromony

i am not having a go at you neil and if you can manage on 1 wheelie bin then good on you but a lot of people cant so if they insist on 1 pick up every two weeks wouldnt the sensible solution be to give extra bins to those that ask for them

Last edited by chav1; 17-06-2005 at 13:16.
Old 17-06-2005, 13:21   #10
Resident Waffler

Given that not everyone would require two bins I do think it makes sense to allow two to be available for those that do need them, larger families, families with babies etc.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 13:28   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

They only limit you to one bin and no extra bags to try and force you to recycle. After all most people would not bother with the hassle if they could get away with just putting everything in one bin. Has anyone asked HBC round to inspect their bin yet. They offered to give extra bins if needed but they wanted to check that you were only putting non-recyclable stuff into the grey bin first. Reasons for having an extra bin were large family and babies in nappies. The problem with having more bins is where to put them. HBC stopped using the really big bins because the machine on the bin waggon was breaking them.
Old 17-06-2005, 14:48   #12

Well, you can always aquire another bin
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 15:37   #13
God Member

We do all the recycling that we can and we manage with just the one wheelie bin being collected every fortnight. Our problem is that we can't convince the council to give us a green bin. Apparently, because we live in a non-garden area, we don't have a garden, according to the council. This is despite the fact that we actually do have a fairly largish garden. We don't seem to be able to convince them.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 15:51   #14
I am Banned

i think HBC would instruct you to pave over your garden rather than give you a green bin and fine you £1000 if you failed to comply
Old 17-06-2005, 16:28   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
Well, you can always aquire another bin

If anyone wants another bin you can go to the back alleys in between Hood St and Derby St and Hood St and Horne St. It appears that the people of Hood St leave their bins in the alley at all times...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..