Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2006, 04:37   #1
Senior Member+

When Life mirrors fiction...

Maybe its a co-incidence maybe not... i'm just currently reading the godfather by mario puzo *£2 from asda* and i was struck by certain similarties with the book and my own life...

ok so i'm no mafia don and nor must i go into cafe's to shoot people in the head.... buttttttt

like don corleone my father is an old school kinda guy, has the contacts and has alot of respect from friends and family. ill, and looking for the family to stick together and take the lead from him.

like sonny corleone my oldest brother is a hot head, not quite the brains but has alot of the passion, *in his time* loved the ladies, occasionally needs to be anchored to earth with his grandois ideas, is at the fore-front of family matters etc...

like fredo my 2nd oldest brother is an almost there but not quite....

and then there's me - now i'm not sayin i'm michael corleone but its like after years of just messing around doing my own thing finally later on this year i shall hopefully move into more financially rewarding business, and hopefully play a pivotal part in my family...

anyone else's life mirrored a film, book or even a song???
Old 28-08-2006, 16:25   #2
Senior Member+

Re: When Life mirrors fiction...

Mine has not but just wanted to say its funny that 32 people have read this thread but no-one has replied...is mani really that scary,corleone style?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 17:13   #3
Senior Member+

i'm really a cuddly teddy bear.

honest.
Old 28-08-2006, 18:13   #4
Senior Member+

Yeah i can tell by your avatar

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 20:45   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty
Mine has not but just wanted to say its funny that 32 people have read this thread but no-one has replied...is mani really that scary,corleone style?
Could be Mani is re-reading his thread several times which counts as a hit .. I do it all the time to see if I have made any mistakes, shouldn't have said this,shouldn't have even entered that thread, etc.
Unfortunately, have no exciting comparison to contribute to you Mani, except Enid Blyton's Famous Five, dog included. My friends and I always thought we ran parallel to these books, even gave each other the names after reading the books. Not tellin ya' which one I was.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2006, 21:56   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its something that never crossed my mind that one, but you set me thinking mani our family was obviously modelled on the waltons, cos we were all such goody goodys, and i was obviously john boy.
Old 28-08-2006, 21:59   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
its something that never crossed my mind that one, but you set me thinking mani our family was obviously modelled on the waltons, cos we were all such goody goodys, and i was obviously john boy.
Think you should be admitting to Liar, Liar Cashman ... luvs ya' really
Old 28-08-2006, 22:34   #8
Senior Member+

whats the famous five?

the beatles?

oh man i hated the waltons soooooo much!! it was the most boring show on tv and my dad wud insist on watching it!
Old 28-08-2006, 22:39   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
whats the famous five?

the beatles?

oh man i hated the waltons soooooo much!! it was the most boring show on tv and my dad wud insist on watching it!
Oh deary me, Cashman ...... guess this is what they call the Generation Gap
Old 29-08-2006, 02:10   #10
Resting in Peace

All I can say about Mani is he is a nice chap. Met him at one of the meets.

hmmmmmmmmmmm life mirrors gonna have to think on that one mani
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 03:03   #11
Senior Member+

ok i've googled f5 - what did they do? from what i can its a bunch of kids that hung around gettin up to trouble

scooby doo crew did the same thing.

ber999t - well i never said i was as evil as him

though i've often thought about it... i can just see little italy in accrington, the bronx in oswaldtwistle and hells kitchen in rishton...

and me sending fishes to various ppl... hmmmmm Don Mani...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..