Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What to do with you after your death
Burial 8 18.60%
Cremation 12 27.91%
Buried or sprinkled on family plot 2 4.65%
I vant to be alone 0 0%
No expense spared, I want the best! 2 4.65%
Don't want to financially burden family, cheapest please 13 30.23%
Something different or special done with my body 1 2.33%
Don't give a **** what happens to me 12 27.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2006, 11:54   #1
Always EVIL within us

Question When You Are Dead and Gone

When you depart from this mortal world, (and Gayles second life perhaps ) do you feel strongly about what happens to your redundant body?

Traditionally, you can be interred. If this is your preference, would you care to be alone or would you prefer to be buried near a loved one or family?

Perhaps you may prefer a cremation! In that case, are you bothered where your ashes are scattered? On a previous family grave perhaps or maybe on top of copse? (thats NOT corpse!) Is it important that your family comply with your wishes?

Do you have any strange or weird ideas of your own such as:

Welcome to the LifeGem Home - Memorial Diamonds created from a lock of hair or cremated remains / ashes / cremation process

or

Custom Large Glasses
(about 4 pictures down)

My eldest daughter confided to her husband just before she was killed in a road traffic accident that she would want to be buried in the Highlands of Scotland. After her death, he complied and she was buried in a beautiful spot overlooking the Isle of Skye. The sad thing is that I am her nearest family 400 miles south in Accy – and the rest of her family including her husband are over 600 miles south. I have few qualms over this, I believe that the physical body is discarded at death and so I would hope that when I pass over, my family go for the cheapest possible option

The poll is multiple answers but please choose with care
Old 31-10-2006, 16:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: When You Are Dead and Gone

Have you seen the "LifeGem" price list?

The LifeGem diamond Prices - www.LifeGem.com Memorial Diamond

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 16:51   #3
Resident Waffler

When I saw those featured in an ad on the telly I thought it was a spoof.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 17:31   #4
Give, give, give member

My Dad wanted his cremated ashes scattered in the sea in Pembrokeshire.

Three weeks after he'd died off the family went in his boat, to carry out his final wish.

Unfortunately we got stuck on some rocks, and all the ashes were blown in our eyes, when we were eventually free from danger.

My Dad would have laughed, after telling us off for not learning anything from him about tides and stuff.

I'm going to be blowing down over Ossy from the moors, and causing more havoc than acid rain, when I pop my clogs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 17:33   #5
God Member

I'll be leaving it up to the family whats left when i go. The only stipulation i have is im not cremated. I have this feeling i'd come round as i was going into the oven no thank you!!!

By the way Busman do you know my brother? We were talking the other night and he said to me have you made a will? That got me thinking - im single, have no kids, no parents, just my brothers & sisters and their families and cousins. What do you do with the house etc.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 18:07   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
I'll be leaving it up to the family whats left when i go. The only stipulation i have is im not cremated. I have this feeling i'd come round as i was going into the oven no thank you!!!
You bin watching too much Edgar Allen Poe .. Or that bit in the James Bond film. Scary though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 22:41   #7
Senior Member+

I have a friend who lives on a farm in Cornwall. Her father-in-law requested that his ashes were scattered around the farmyard where he'd lived all his life.

This was done...........but no-one thought about the chickens.........they ate him all up!!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 23:46   #8
God Member

My family if they are lucky might be able to sell my bits if it would make some money. If I am young enough then they can only do it after the removal of any transplantable bits.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:44   #9
Senior Member+

Am a great believer of organ transplantation. Remove all that they can.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:26   #10
God Member

Yep , same here, the soul lives on in everyones memory of you, the body is just a temporary home. use what you want, burn the rest

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 13:02   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: When You Are Dead and Gone

I don’t care what happens to my body when the grim reaper comes-a-calling. They can feed me to the lions or chuck me on a bonfire for all I care. After all I won’t actually know, will I?

However taking into account those that I leave behind I opt for removing anything that is transplantable, not that a 70 years old body will have anything worth transplanting. After that it is the fire for me and scattering my ashes on the Coppice. But I will not know if that happens or not because I will be DEAD!
Old 01-11-2006, 13:46   #12
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I don't really care what happens to me when I'm dead. I am planning on being around for a while yet, but if I shuffle off this mortal coil prematurely, then feel free to help yourselves to any useable parts. I would prefer to be cremated and do not want to be a financial burden on my family. I would rather have a cheap send off, be scattered somewhere nice and the money be spent on a celebration for my family and friends because so far.........life's not been bad.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 14:51   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

When I'm gone I want to be burnt and have my ashes spread in rindys underwear draw, the thought that I can still be irritatating and a pain in the a*se for someone would be.....

Heaven!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 16:43   #14
Resident Waffler

Ever since I saw The Fall of The House of Usher I've had a morbid fear of being buried alive so I'd like to be cremated and ideally scatterd off the Donegal coast. The kids and Busman know where.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 16:46   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
When I'm gone I want to be burnt and have my ashes spread in rindys underwear draw, the thought that I can still be irritatating and a pain in the a*se for someone would be.....

Heaven!

Sorry, but you'll never get in my drawers, though if I ever decide to get a cat, and therefore a litter tray, I might take you up on your kind offer.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..