Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2008, 08:43   #1
Resting in Peace

Where does the money go

Your money goes on training the police how to climb 3ft up a ladder

Speed device police trained to climb 3ft up ladders - Lancashire Evening Post
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2008, 09:14   #2
God Member

Re: Where does the money go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Your money goes on training the police how to climb 3ft up a ladder

Speed device police trained to climb 3ft up ladders - Lancashire Evening Post
God help anyone doing DIY at home if this gets kind of stupidity gets worse. Installed wrong my left bum cheek its some jobsworth justifying their job. Soon with this mentality you wont be able to do odd jobs or even cook a meal around your home without an official certificate saying that you can.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 09:24   #3
Resting in Peace

This Health and Safety lark is getting out of hand, sending coppers on a course to learn how to climb a 3 foot ladder, I hate to think what Firefighters are put through We're all going to hell on a hand cart.
Old 22-12-2008, 09:26   #4
God Member

Happening everywhere, you have to have the training at the place I work for climbing ladders, blame health and safety, its all their doing

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 17:53   #5
Resting in Peace

They would be better off training to use stilts... at least they would be taller then:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 21:42   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

would be better spent training em to catch criminals. ive been 6ft up a ladder this aft with no training, what a ****** i am.
Old 23-12-2008, 21:49   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I think the newspaper worded the article to suit them. The people have been trained how to safely install/remove the signs. That includes using a ladder. Any employer that does not train its employees how to do a task safely is in breech of several laws put in place to protect the workers.

You could argue that they should not be using a ladder in the first place as a ladder is for access and is not a working platform.
Old 23-12-2008, 21:50   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would be better spent training em to catch criminals. ive been 6ft up a ladder this aft with no training, what a ****** i am.
Cashy...In the trouble that we are in...why not send Gordon Brown up the ladder?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 10:10   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Cashy...In the trouble that we are in...why not send Gordon Brown up the ladder?
Oh come on Roy he'd fall of to get the sympathy vote
Old 24-12-2008, 11:26   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
then steal the ladder and leave him stuck??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 11:36   #11
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

I know someone who had to go on a course to learn how to put the cones out for road works.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2008, 12:28   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY View Post
I know someone who had to go on a course to learn how to put the cones out for road works.
It's ok to mock heath and safety laws but you lot would be the first to complain if some untrained bloke was killed while putting cones out at road works.

Health and safety law is their to protect the workers from being put in danger by companies more interested in making money that the welfare of staff.
Old 24-12-2008, 13:33   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's ok to mock heath and safety laws but you lot would be the first to complain if some untrained bloke was killed while putting cones out at road works.

Health and safety law is their to protect the workers from being put in danger by companies more interested in making money that the welfare of staff.
Ya Neil but even you have to admit they do take the pee with some of the things they come up with. How many health and safety engineers does it take to change a light bulb, none, at the moment they haven't set out the rules for changing light bulbs yet
Old 24-12-2008, 13:52   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Neil but even you have to admit they do take the pee with some of the things they come up with. How many health and safety engineers does it take to change a light bulb, none, at the moment they haven't set out the rules for changing light bulbs yet
Its down to the company to decide who and what is the safe way to do it.
Old 24-12-2008, 14:03   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its down to the company to decide who and what is the safe way to do it.
Well I only know it takes three in a hospital,(nurses aren't allowed to, health and safety you see) one to change the light bulb, one to hold the step ladder and a boss to show them which bulb wants changing

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..