Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2008, 22:44   #1
I am Banned

Talking Where is the hole in the ground?... moments

Well i was relaying this story the other day to a friend saying that i dont need to watch shameless my inlaws can get very close lol but dont get me wrong they are much loved and can be a great source of entertainment.

Not long after moving to accrington we decided to bite the bullet and have a bit of a bbq for other halves family
they are known for getting rowdy/argueing over the direction of the wind when they have had a few drinks so i was hesitant .
anyway a good time was had until a couple of hours in -i wont go into what started it off but a full scale family war decended so i said - not a chance and we had to ask people to leave
after being back home for a short while OH's sister decided to come back and have another shout and scream ( oh god i could have died - what the neighbours must have thought i dont know lol)
shortly followed by OH's mum coming to say how dare we throw her out and that we were snobs blah de blah
anyway mum in law had changed into a knee length summer dress
O.H. had had enough and went to take her by the arm to take her back home
of course being in a mood she swung round to clock him one and fell over ( it was at this point we realised she hadnt bothered with underwear) and to my dismay flashed her nether regions to next door-but-ones elderly asian grandad ( in his 80's at least - very traditional)
he died a couple of weeks later of a heart attack - i can only guess what the cause was

why does the earth never swallow us up when we want it to ?

so can anybody else assure me that this type of embarrasment by family is normal? i'd like to hear it
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2008, 09:48   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Where is the hole in the ground?... moments

No................................
Old 15-04-2008, 11:43   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not in my life.
Old 15-04-2008, 16:08   #4
God Member

omg, that was funny!! But that has nowt on my family

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 17:19   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
omg, that was funny!! But that has nowt on my family

shame on me, i laughed too, i'm ever so sorry Keetah

whats wrong with your family slinks? pmsfl

nothing to do with playing dares with your sister when we where younger is it? lol
Old 15-04-2008, 17:24   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

And there was me thinking it was just my family who like arguments

are we related?...LOL
Old 15-04-2008, 21:41   #7
God Member

My family is not like that ... my friends on the other hand We had a snowshovel smashing party the other day ... get together for a few brewskies, and then go at the snow shovels with the sledgehammer ... the head flew off the hammer and thro the windshield of my best buddy's car ... after that was sorted out, my neighbour came to complain about the noise, his old lady sent him over, we offered him a beer and he joined the party. His wife called the cops to complain about the noise .... after this my recollections are a little vague
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..