Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2010, 14:13   #91
Beacon of light

Re: Why can't a woman be reasonable and practical-like a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
Making the baby????.
Well, not perhaps in the way that you mean......but in giving the ladies and their husbands the care that was required, and sometimes with drug help too...and I mean the kind of drugs that are used for IVF.
I cared for women who had lost babies, and in some cases lost hope too.....helping them to achieve their dreams was a humbling experience.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2010, 14:24   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, not perhaps in the way that you mean......but in giving the ladies and their husbands the care that was required, and sometimes with drug help too...and I mean the kind of drugs that are used for IVF.
I cared for women who had lost babies, and in some cases lost hope too.....helping them to achieve their dreams was a humbling experience.
Im sure it was, and im sure you took a great deal of personal satisfaction from your work, Altruistic Lady..
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 14:41   #93
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Neil, do you mean scarred for life...or scared for life?
Both
Old 26-12-2010, 17:33   #94
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Both
well, no neither...as I have already answered.

And RHFOY.......I'm not sure I am altruistic....it was my job and someone paid me to do it.......and I enjoyed it and derived a lot of satisfaction from what I did......there are not many folk who can say that about their jobs I don't think.

Someone once gave me an excellent piece of advice...they told me to find something I liked doing and then get someone to pay me for it, and told me that if I did this I would find happiness. I was fortunate to be able to do just that.
Old 27-12-2010, 08:47   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
well, no neither...as I have already answered.

And RHFOY.......I'm not sure I am altruistic....it was my job and someone paid me to do it.......and I enjoyed it and derived a lot of satisfaction from what I did......there are not many folk who can say that about their jobs I don't think.

Someone once gave me an excellent piece of advice...they told me to find something I liked doing and then get someone to pay me for it, and told me that if I did this I would find happiness. I was fortunate to be able to do just that.
That's sound advice to give to anyone Margaret, I did what I wanted to do and never regretted it one bit
Old 27-12-2010, 09:52   #96
Beacon of light

John, the unfortunate thing is that many people just do not have the luxury of choice.

Sometimes you have to do what will bring in the money, and keep the wolf from the door.
I have been in that position too, all you can do is believe that it will get better, but also remember that things don't just 'happen'....you have to prepared to give them a helping hand by seeking out opportunities.
Old 27-12-2010, 10:13   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
John, the unfortunate thing is that many people just do not have the luxury of choice.

Sometimes you have to do what will bring in the money, and keep the wolf from the door.
I have been in that position too, all you can do is believe that it will get better, but also remember that things don't just 'happen'....you have to prepared to give them a helping hand by seeking out opportunities.
You'd never think that reading some theads on here Margaret

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..