Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2009, 16:31   #46
Senior Member+

Re: why do employment agents have their heads up their you know whats

we're not given them when we pass our test but we can get them
believe we got to pay for them now
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2009, 17:01   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
My fella drove in a double decker when he passed his test with stagecoach, he has even driven for robinsons, so ill ask him and see whos right
but roy you could be if my memory serves me right

oh and its a pcv licence now!
"pcv" ... positive crankcase ventillation .... you have to be a mechanic too ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 17:04   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
we're not given them when we pass our test but we can get them
believe we got to pay for them now
Sorry Jedi...............they were abolished in 1991.

http://www.psvbadges.co.uk/

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 20:18   #49
Senior Member+

when i passed my test in 2004 I was offered the chance to get one but i had to pay extra and send off for it
Old 23-02-2009, 20:39   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm afraid this post baffles me. If somebody is supplying a company with a service, which is what recruitment agencies do, then why are they at fault ? Surely the fault lies with the employers who can't be bothered or think their time is better spent using the recruitment agencies ?
the problem is if we want to change or set this country on a path of improvement one of the first thing is i would send these agencies back to the cesspit where they arrived from.if anybody thinks it is good to lay people off their work with 2 hours notice are off their rocker,anybody thinks it is good to try and avoid the emplyment laws in this country are deceitful,this country needs stability,the working population does not need these agencies dictating if they can pay their bills it just adds to uncertainty.the only people who like these agencies are the greedy shareholder british or foreign.this is a time for change,this is a time for the silent majority to rise..get involved in politics dont let the two faced freeloaders get away with it....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 20:50   #51
Senior Member+

seems to be every other vacancy in the jobcenter database reads: this vacancy is advertised on behalf of .............. who are acting as a recruitment agency

CAN NO-ONE BE BOTHERED TO HIRE THEIR OWN STAFF?

surely in an economic climate as turbulent as ours it would be much more cost effective than hiring these idiots at inflated rates.
it's also a wonder that companies manage to fill any vacancies as potential employees can't even get past the jumped up agency receptionist
NO VACANCIES AT ALL. surely they need to have vacancies to generate income????

or am i completely on the wrong track here are these agencies some kind of visual ornamentation for our highstreets.
some form of government funded urban regeneration scheme - there to look pretty perhaps???
Old 23-02-2009, 21:11   #52
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
maybe your cv wasnt set out correctly, a lot of cv's fail on the way there setout and dont even get look at, use microsoft office and look at the resume templates on there. on the expeience side of things try saying u drove buses for a now defunkt bus company as they then cant check

Never tell lies on a CV. Many companies now have clauses in you contract of employment about what you said in your interview and the contents on the CV and application form. You could find yourself sacked if they later find out you lied.
Old 23-02-2009, 21:20   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
seems to be every other vacancy in the jobcenter database reads: this vacancy is advertised on behalf of .............. who are acting as a recruitment agency

CAN NO-ONE BE BOTHERED TO HIRE THEIR OWN STAFF?

surely in an economic climate as turbulent as ours it would be much more cost effective than hiring these idiots at inflated rates.
it's also a wonder that companies manage to fill any vacancies as potential employees can't even get past the jumped up agency receptionist
NO VACANCIES AT ALL. surely they need to have vacancies to generate income????

or am i completely on the wrong track here are these agencies some kind of visual ornamentation for our highstreets.
some form of government funded urban regeneration scheme - there to look pretty perhaps???
Maybe the employment laws are costing the companies too much money so they have to try and get around them or close down.
Old 24-02-2009, 06:08   #54

Every 'good' agency is meant to go through cv's, re-write if necessary, interview the candidate at least once and check references before the candidates cv is even passed to an employer to look at.

For an employer to do this for the hundreds of cvs that get sent in for each position they advertise would take too many man hours, hence why they pay for an agency to do it, and then get a shortlist of a few of the best cv's.

The employer only pays the agency if he recruits one of his candidates, so for example, an employer can pass a brief to 3 agencies, who can each then eventually pass the best 3cv's back out of the 000's on their books (all who have been referenced, interviewed etc), and the employer can choose 3 out of the 9 for interviews. Once appointed, one agency will get the fee, the others will get nothing for the work.

This is generally less costly than having someone senior in a company doing the same work. Also most agencies have a guarentee that if the candidate leaves within 3 months say, they will be replaced for free or the fee will be refunded.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 06:15   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
For an employer to do this for the hundreds of cvs that get sent in for each position they advertise would take too many man hours, hence why they pay for an agency to do it, and then get a shortlist of a few of the best cv's.
That is what a recruitment agency does.
Employment agencies supply labour to companies, often short term but sometimes long term.
Old 24-02-2009, 06:21   #56

I know, I was replying to the posts asking why companies use recruitment/employment agencies instead of doing it all themselves
Old 24-02-2009, 06:26   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
I know, I was replying to the posts asking why companies use recruitment/employment agencies instead of doing it all themselves
Sorry I will shut up then
Old 24-02-2009, 11:45   #58

lmao, sorry did i sound tetchy?? didnt mean to

Not good in the mornings lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..