Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2008, 22:55   #1
God Member

Why do parents do that??

My daughter asked yesterday if her mate could stay over tonight and of course I said yes. So in they come tonight and have a girly night having fun and enjoying themselves when all of a sudden at 11.15pm the lass gets a phone call from her mam who incidently is having row with stepdad whos kicking off about her not being home and her stepdad is on his way to get her.
So my daughters mate rings her stepdad who then tells her to meet at spar... By which time im really not happy.. Not only have parents come home from pub pi**ed but they are bringing a 15 yr old into argument and expecting her to walk 5 mins down the road at 11 .15pm.
I then get on the phone to stepdad and A.. asked if hed had a drink .. he says no. ok hes driving and B ... asked if she could stay .. he says no ive got to take her home.. I then insisted that he come to the house to pick her up as I wasnt prepared to make her walk down the road for no one.
I havent met her mum yet but when i do i will be having sober words with her . I think its disgusting that parents allow kids to stay out only to go pub and then come home and bring a child into an argument then expect to get them up and bring them home ..
sorry gripe over ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2008, 05:55   #2
God Member

Re: Why do parents do that??

when you have your chat with mum, i am guessing that he is a control freak, and mum will probably be as unhappy about it as you are, legally by the way, he cant force his stepdaughter to go home at 15.
Old 19-04-2008, 07:42   #3
Senior Member+

Thats terrible Mel, unfortunately it seems (from my experience) that the control freaks always get their own way and its everyone else that suffers-usually in silence.
I left home at 16 because i was in a similar situation.......controlling step-dad and my mum wouldn't do anything about it (obviously it goes further than that).
Lets hope this situation gets sorted because its really frustrating for everyone.
Control freaks think only of themselves and people need to fight back.Easier said than done,i know.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 10:07   #4
Resident Waffler

My daughter had a friend who came with us once on an afternoon out. Her Mum knew where she was and what time we would be back, roughly depending on traffic. The Mum's boyfriend meanwhile turned up and decided he was taking them all out for the evening. Of course we were unaware of this and as we arrived back a little earlier than we'd originally said we called in at the chip shop down the road as the girls were hungry and hadn't eaten since lunchtime. (yes Blazey I know chips are fattening. This was about 7 years ago - I don't often eat chips!) The boyfriend who had no doubt been getting steamed up about one of the family being missing when HE wanted to do something, spotted our car parked outside the chippy and came racing down shouting and bawling about people who take children away from their families when the families have plans and then can't be relied on to bring them back! He grabbed hold of the poor girl by the hair and dragged her out of the car then shoved her up the road, repeatedly thumping and pushing her all the way back to their house! The Mum was obviously not happy as her daughter wasn't even late home by the originally agreed time, but she didn't argue with the boyfriend. She just stood by and let him rant and rave!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 10:43   #5
Resting in Peace

Oh Willow, that story made me weep ... poor kid... bet she didn't enjoy her evening out at all after that.

Sounds very similar to Cherokees story, doesn't it ? Hate control freaks, they always pick on the weaker ones; is some sort of mental illness I reckon..

How brave of you Miss Kitty to get away from that situation, and at such a young age.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 11:02   #6
God Member

It is called narcissistic personality disorder.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 11:20   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It is called narcissistic personality disorder.
Sounds about right Margaret ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 12:28   #8

I’d be tempted to report the parents for mental abuse. The only trouble is that I would worry as to whether I made things worse for the child. You can imagine the backlash she might get the next time the parents got drunk.
Old 19-04-2008, 12:29   #9
God Member

Oh willow reading that almost makes me wish I should have kept the lass here now. Just to think that it could have been like that makes me cringe.
However my daughter has spoken to her mate this morning and it turns out she has been grounded for back chatting so it sounds to me like the lass has tried to fight her corner and got herself in more trouble.
Im still angry at the fact that she was given permission to stay out and then dragged home esp at that time of night, they were in bed. Sorry but her mam should have put her foot down, But then again im only going off what I would do Dont suppose its that easy in that situation. I even told my daughter that we couldnt get involved.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 13:33   #10
Senior Member+

It's all out of order, (yould think the parents would be grateful for a night off lol, I know I would), but to treat the lass like that was terrible,
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 13:38   #11

THAT IS AWFUL! I can't belive someone would do that!!! If that was my mum, I certainly wouldn't be coming home!
Old 19-04-2008, 13:39   #12
God Member

What a shame bet the girl was well embarassed. As for her being grounded for back chatting what did they expect? Not only have they gone back on their word they have shown the poor girl up, just can't understand women who stay with men like that.
Old 20-04-2008, 07:32   #13
Senior Member+

if i had a man other than the father of my kids i woundt let him take control of my kids, i dont care how long we have been together, they are my kids not his
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 08:32   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
if i had a man other than the father of my kids i woundt let him take control of my kids, i dont care how long we have been together, they are my kids not his

Many of todays families have a situation where one of the parents is not the natural one. That would be an impossible situation for many households if the step-parent had no authority of the kids
Old 20-04-2008, 10:24   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Well said. (Post of the week tbh).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..