Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 21:41   #46
God Member

Re: Why No Mention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
One point here T, was this cop saying they can't do the job they are paid to do n uphold the law? without truncheons n boots? if so i find that rather pathetic.n i would bet many feel the same, i'm sure the framework of the law(watered down as it is now) allows em to take "Legal" action against this scum? its up to the politicians to bring further powers in to sort em once n fer all.
I find it hard to believe the police have been told not to use force when confronted by anyone hell bent on destruction..at Millbank there was outright criminal damage carried out and the totally out numbered police could not do much about it..I can't help but wonder if this government will rethink on thier agenda to cut the police force by 20,000
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2010, 00:03   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Surely what these muslim men were doing is a criminal offence......inciting and stirring up racial unrest....surely the police should have stepped in and either arrested them or cautioned them...but ah no....of course not. That would be seen as racial discrimination.
How is it that racial discrimination is a one way street in the UK?
Got it one Marg, I am disgusted at the way reversed racism is tolerated by us We all read about the proposed burning of the Koran (which as far as we know didn't happen) and the uproar it caused. I had heard that the burning of the Poppy was going to happen but didn't believe it would be tolerated It pains me to see things like this happening but disrespect has been shown for so long that it doesn't surprise me
Old 13-11-2010, 01:32   #48
God Member

re. mention of BBC coverage of the event , not for nothing that many folks around the world think that BBC stands for Black Broadcasting Corporation
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 07:20   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I find it hard to believe the police have been told not to use force when confronted by anyone hell bent on destruction..at Millbank there was outright criminal damage carried out and the totally out numbered police could not do much about it..I can't help but wonder if this government will rethink on thier agenda to cut the police force by 20,000
Perhaps the Intelligence/Planners/Senior Officers responsible for the very low number of officers deployed will be the top of the list for being cut
Old 13-11-2010, 08:47   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps the Intelligence/Planners/Senior Officers responsible for the very low number of officers deployed will be the top of the list for being cut
You are jesting Barrie its like saying the ones in ivory towers in the health service will also sack themselves, not a snowball in hells chance.
Old 13-11-2010, 08:48   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There were two recent cases, that of Wendy Lewis, and Philip Laing, who whilst drunk, desecrated two different war memorials.

This was headline news on all the TV and radio news programmes.

I do think there is a political agenda at play, as to why the BBC have chosen largely to ignore yesterday's outrage.

Part of the problem is that for years the liberal elite have pandered to minority groups, instead of forcing them to integrate.

Historically wave after wave of people have come to these islands, over the centuries. They still managed to keep their cultural identities, and religious beliefs, but they became part of British society.

State funding should be withdrawn NOW, from every group and organisation that differentiates it's self on religious or racial lines. It's divisive, in that it separates, rather than bringing anyone together.

As Mancie posted, everyone in this country should be free to protest.

However, British citizens should not be legally allowed to call for the deaths of our serving armed forces.

Americas' citizens, one of the most racially diverse countries on the planet, turn incandescent with furious rage if someone burns their flag, yet we sit idly by, whilst what made this country great is quickly being eroded.

The sooner our government realise this, and take into account the views of the vast majority of British people, and ignore the snivelling, idiotic, politically correct, wooly headed, do-gooders, who perpetrate division, the better.
I agree with most of this .... esp. the last sentence But I do have a couple of points. As you are no doubt aware, even though my noisy neighbours do get peed when someone burns their flag, a citizen's right to burn, urinate on, wipe his ass on etc their flag is protected by the First Ammendment. It's offensive, but not illegal. Though I can see, in the poppy burning, elements that go beyond a dispicable action. There is definitely a subversive component.

But I do have problems with the concept of forced integration. There has to be another path, and it is not the one that your government seems to be following now.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 09:16   #52
Resting in Peace

I think the thing that really gets up my nose is the fact that people such as Abu Hamza (Captain Hook) hates our way of life and anything this country stands for yet it doesn't disgust him and his brood living of the backs British tax payer, in a £700,000 house which at the moment is having £40000 of tax payers money spent on it for renovations. Then we have Omar Bakri, although he is living in exile in the Lebanon, his family are stile provided for by the tax payer. It appears that Bakri is not as popular with the lebonese as he is now on the run from the authorities there being convicted of terrorist activity there and sentenced to jail
Old 13-11-2010, 09:25   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I agree with most of this .... esp. the last sentence But I do have a couple of points. As you are no doubt aware, even though my noisy neighbours do get peed when someone burns their flag, a citizen's right to burn, urinate on, wipe his ass on etc their flag is protected by the First Ammendment. It's offensive, but not illegal. Though I can see, in the poppy burning, elements that go beyond a dispicable action. There is definitely a subversive component.

But I do have problems with the concept of forced integration. There has to be another path, and it is not the one that your government seems to be following now.
Not forced integration.

Stop encouraging separation, by supporting anything that's exclusive to race, or religion.

For example, stop producing every offical form being translated into umpteen different languages. This stops people from learning English.

Put the effort into promoting people to learn the language of the country they're living in, which would help them feel part of society as a whole.

The same with every organisations that are exclusively based on race/religion. Remove funding now. It doesn't achieve anything, other than being divise, and driving a greater wedge between people.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 09:29   #54
Give, give, give member

One of my best friend is a Geordie.

She also happens to be Jewish, and her family have been in the northeast for many a long year.

No way would she ever describe herself as a British Jew.

She's a Geordie lass, who happens to be Jewish, and she is happy to be so.

No way does she feel her cultural identity is tarnished by thinking of herself primarily as a Brit.

Old 13-11-2010, 09:30   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Not forced integration.

Stop encouraging separation, by supporting anything that's exclusive to race, or religion.

For example, stop producing every offical form being translated into umpteen different languages. This stops people from learning English.

Put the effort into promoting people to learn the language of the country they're living in, which would help them feel part of society as a whole.

The same with every organisations that are exclusively based on race/religion. Remove funding now. It doesn't achieve anything, other than being divise, and driving a greater wedge between people.
There's a hell of a lot of sense in that G
Old 13-11-2010, 09:40   #56
God Member

this is part of the poppy display which will be at ibrox today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2v0l6if.jpg (46.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 13-11-2010, 09:43   #57
God Member

heres another pictur all 4 stands are doing it.the black lines have been rectified...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2z8yhpj.jpg (64.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 13-11-2010, 18:40   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
re. mention of BBC coverage of the event , not for nothing that many folks around the world think that BBC stands for Black Broadcasting Corporation
Spot on. It is very noticeable that whenever BBC News bulletins centre on schools, there is rarely a white pupil to be seen.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 18:44   #59
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Spot on. It is very noticeable that whenever BBC News bulletins centre on schools, there is rarely a white pupil to be seen.
Yes, it's about time they realised there are more than two schools in the country.

Eton, and Harrow.

Old 13-11-2010, 21:08   #60
God Member

the display at ibrox today you wont see on the news
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ii2.jpg (61.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2ij2ntl.jpg (123.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg militarypoppyday2010sma.jpg (143.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by cmonstanley; 13-11-2010 at 21:14.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..