Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59   #1
Senior Member+

William Hague

William Hague has been forceful in his denial that his relationship with his special advisor on foreign policy has been inappropriate. I'm sure we will all accept his statement.

We haven't heard the last of it, though. I'm sure some curious reporter will shortly be asking him what sort of special advice he expected to get from a 25 year old with no experience whatsoever of foreign policy.

And why, when they were deciding who should share a room with who, he chose this lad rather than Eric Pickles!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41   #2
God Member

Re: William Hague

kinda reminds you of a sketch from Little Britain doesn't it
Old 02-09-2010, 07:33   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
kinda reminds you of a sketch from Little Britain doesn't it
Thought exactly the same thing!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:42   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
And why, when they were deciding who should share a room with who, he chose this lad rather than Eric Pickles!
Probably because one's twenty five....and the other's twenty five stone.

It's good the 'special' advisor in question has been named.

He has a look of young Cyfr.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:27   #5
Give, give, give member

It's been quite interesting, but doesn't hold a candle to the scandals of years gone by.

Did they dress up in football kits, instead of pyjamas?

Did they order oranges from room service?

Did the cleaners find any stockings, fashioned into nooses, left carelessly behind the door?

More details needed.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:49   #6

Nobody cares what he does on his day off BUT there's going to be a hell of a row about paying "Friends" out of the public purse and why deny something that nobody knew about anyway?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:55   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Nobody cares what he does on his day off BUT there's going to be a hell of a row about paying "Friends" out of the public purse and why deny something that nobody knew about anyway?
Especially when all other Ministers manage with two 'special advisors', and this unqualified lad was Hague's third.

Nice work if you can get it.

Seems strange he resigned.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:58   #8

Reporters who remember William Hague's byelection win in Richmond in 1989 affectionately recall one odd aspect of the campaign. Whatever they asked a Conservative press officer about their precocious bachelor candidate's views on great issues of the day, the jittery answer would usually be: "Did you know, his girlfriend's arriving tomorrow?" Yet gay Tory MPs are adamant that the foreign secretary is not, as Lady Thatcher used to say, "one of us".

The Guardian
Old 03-09-2010, 10:05   #9

Political blogger Guido Fawkes, a pseudonym for transparency campaigner Paul Staines, has submitted a Freedom of Information request demanding details of Mr Myers's terms of employment.

It asks: 'Has Mr Myers been on any international trips with the Foreign Secretary? How much is Mr Myers being paid? Could you please provide a detailed job description?'

Privately-educated Mr Myers's appointment was revealed at the weekend after pictures emerged of him walking with 49-year-old Mr Hague in Westminster last year.

Read more: Foreign secretary William Hague on the spot over new special adviser | Mail Online
Old 03-09-2010, 10:06   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Reporters who remember William Hague's byelection win in Richmond in 1989 affectionately recall one odd aspect of the campaign. Whatever they asked a Conservative press officer about their precocious bachelor candidate's views on great issues of the day, the jittery answer would usually be: "Did you know, his girlfriend's arriving tomorrow?" Yet gay Tory MPs are adamant that the foreign secretary is not, as Lady Thatcher used to say, "one of us".

The Guardian
He can't be gay.

He's always voted strongly against changes for equality on gay right issues.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:06   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
William Hague has been forceful in his denial that his relationship with his special advisor on foreign policy has been inappropriate. I'm sure we will all accept his statement.

We haven't heard the last of it, though. I'm sure some curious reporter will shortly be asking him what sort of special advice he expected to get from a 25 year old with no experience whatsoever of foreign policy.

For £75,000 a year I'd share a room with Pickles
Old 03-09-2010, 10:07   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
For £75,000 a year I'd share a room with Pickles
Whore.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:09   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Political blogger Guido Fawkes, a pseudonym for transparency campaigner Paul Staines, has submitted a Freedom of Information request demanding details of Mr Myers's terms of employment.

It asks: 'Has Mr Myers been on any international trips with the Foreign Secretary? How much is Mr Myers being paid? Could you please provide a detailed job description?'

Privately-educated Mr Myers's appointment was revealed at the weekend after pictures emerged of him walking with 49-year-old Mr Hague in Westminster last year.

Read more: Foreign secretary William Hague on the spot over new special adviser | Mail Online
It's all rather odd.

Especially considering Guido Fawkes is right-wing, and favours the Conservative Party.

I wonder why he's digging about so much?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:14   #14
Senior Member+

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:24   #15
Give, give, give member

Is Cyfr/Andrew Barrett's role in any way 'special', working for Yorkshire M.P. Andrew Percy?

Though I suppose the difference is, he's qualified to be a special friend.

Whoops, advisor.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..