Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 12:42   #1
Beacon of light

Words of Wisdom

"WORDS OF WISDOM" The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.If you don't have a sense of humor, you likely don't have any sense at all.Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?No one has more driving ambition than the boy who wants to buy a car.There are no new sins...the old ones just get more publicity.There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 AM, it could be a right number.Think about this! No one ever says "It's only a game" when his team is winning.I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap.Be careful reading the fine print. There's no way you're going to like it.The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?Money can't buy happiness - but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Benz than in a Yugo.After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.Someone sent me this today so I thought I would share it with my online friends - if you have some you would like to add......be my guest!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-06-2007 at 12:45.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Words of Wisdom

I like it, thanks for sharing.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:46   #3
Beacon of light

I know the layout is rubbish.....I tried to space it out and the blooming thing won't let me.
Old 05-06-2007, 13:19   #4
God Member

you will need to add tags to help format it

use < followed by "BR" followed by > (I had to do it that way or it would have interpreted it and not displayed anything)

You can tell its a few years old though, They haven't sold Yugos over here for ages!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 13:59   #5
Beacon of light

Well... never knew that entwisi.....about the tags. I probably won't remember it either.
Yugo's...were they a cheaper version of the Skoda? Of course that would be when skoda used to be another name for a skip...things have moved on a bit now though.
Sorry for the thread wander.
Old 05-06-2007, 17:13   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
That's the most important part, were did those years vanish to? If yours are still young enough, treasure the moments.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 17:19   #7
God Member

When older people want to date, the pickings are slimmer, but the people aren't.

And general words of advice: Don't do anything you wouldn't eat.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 17:30   #8
Resident Waffler

I like:
Quote:
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 19:11   #9
Beacon of light

Yes Willow...... I like that too...and I have lived by it for far too many years to count.
I also like the one about bucket seats.....as over the years i seem to have got a bigger bucket.

And the one about seat belts being less confining than wheelchairs...or worse....coffins. (I just thought of that one)
Old 05-06-2007, 19:12   #10
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
When older people want to date, the pickings are slimmer, but the people aren't.

And general words of advice: Don't do anything you wouldn't eat.
Oh Eric......I guess you must have seen my bigger bucket
Old 05-06-2007, 19:39   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

love it margaret, my sick sense of humour loves the thought -Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? cracks me up big time.
Old 05-06-2007, 19:53   #12
Beacon of light

Well, yes......I thought that too.
When I was just starting out on my nurse training, I was allocated the job of givng a lady a bed bath.......I was very shocked to see that she had a peacock tattoo'd on her back. This peacock was not a little thing, it took up most of the space down her spine.......Now this was over 30 years ago.
I'd love to see what it looks like now...just out of interest.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of tattoo's...even the little tasteful ones.
Sorry if this offends those of you who have tattoo's.......it is just a little eccentricity of mine.
Old 05-06-2007, 19:56   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I have to say I'm not a big fan of tattoo's...even the little tasteful ones.
Sorry if this offends those of you who have tattoo's.......it is just a little eccentricity of mine.
i aint a big fan either n i have loads.
Old 05-06-2007, 20:02   #14
Beacon of light

Well, on men they don't look too bad.......unless they are those love/hate things.......but I think you have to be very careful about what you choose when you know you are going to be wearing it for the rest of your life......something that looked good at 20 won't necessarily be the same when you are 70...although I guess that when you are 20 you never even consider what you'll be doing at 70.
I can remember when I thought 30 was ancient...now i know different.
Old 05-06-2007, 20:05   #15
Resident Waffler

I remember being told about a bloke who had LOVE and HAT on his hands - it had been LOVE and HATE until he lost a finger. I bet that was something he hadn't considered.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..