Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2008, 23:01   #1
God Member

Would just like to say

Would just like to say that as most of ya know im involved with the SOS charity and last sunday it were the Irish Guards singers in Blackpool ..
Didnt really know what to expect but as it turned out it was just one of the most emotional days ever.
We had the BLESMA gang there, and believe me these guys and gals were incredible!! (and for those who dont know these are the ones with Limbs missing) Omg they were given a standing ovation farewell. As for the Irish Guard Singers , they were just the best.. singing " Bring Him Home" were just one of the most emotional things.
I know I keep going on about our squaddies, but please if ever you get the chance to go along and listen to these guys ,please do!!!! and think about the families that have loved ones in these awful places..

thanks guys ... I may be in blackpool but accy has their lads out there aswell!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2008, 23:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Would just like to say

Used to deliver Bread n Teacakes etc to the BLESMA mel, always got a brew off the staff n had a good natter wi the old guys. top place doin a top job.
Old 30-04-2008, 23:14   #3
God Member

OMG!!! Cashy those guys and gals are just so brilliant.. and such a brill SOH as one were guiding his wheelchair into the pub he caught it on the machine base ND almost tipped over lol.. all he said were oops!!!! missed again lmao!!! bearing in mind he wer 80 lmao!!!!
Old 30-04-2008, 23:14   #4
white rabbits

Oh Bring Him Home Is Beautiful...i Would Have Been Blubbing If I Had Heard It,,,, Best Wishes To All Concerned Cherokee...
Old 30-04-2008, 23:15   #5
God Member

Glad you had a good day bet it was very emotional
Old 30-04-2008, 23:17   #6
God Member

Granny there wasnt a dry eye in the house .
Bernie thanks hun wish you cud have been there it really were a great feeling and im sure you would have enjoyed it hun xx
Old 01-05-2008, 06:28   #7

Would just like to say it was an absolutely amazing day, got to admit 'Danny Boy' and 'Fields of Athenry' had me sobbing in the corner! Would recommend anyone to go and watch, all ages.

The BLESMA folk were great, bet they had a wicked night as well, the booze that got taken back on the bus lol

Just wanted to say a HUGGGGE thanks to you as well Cherokee for organising it all, wouldnt have happened without you, so well done. Hope you've calmed down a bit now!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..