Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2008, 17:49   #1
Senior Member+

Would You Give Up Your Health For Your Family

You read it right ,they pester you to stop smoking,carry on regardless in front of you when your'e trying to stop(by any NHS means available),then moan that they wish you still smoked because THEY can't handle the side effects your'e having.HELP......
Old 16-08-2008, 18:31   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Would You Give Up Your Health For Your Family

you quitting then? lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 18:34   #3
God Member

If you are giving up just to please them you aren't likely to succeed but I wish you well anyway.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 19:43   #4
God Member

its my family that caus emy health problems lol

do they have a patch for that ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 20:49   #5

no advise on that one but good luck i have a boyfriend that has tried to quit so many times so understand how hard it can be

keep to it tho

it will be worth it

xx
Old 16-08-2008, 23:02   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ive been pestered fer years maxwell- no bloody chance, i do keep trying to stop, failed every time, longest i did was 14 months,will still keep trying when it suits ME, not when any ****** is pestering me.
Old 17-08-2008, 00:18   #7
God Member

Omg how ironic this thread Just had my Bro down for a couple of beers and he was saying the same thing, he gave up smoking along with my hubby and me 10 mnths back, but he gave up only because his daughter kept going on about it to him.
Hes still not smoking but his daughter is and to top it, silly sod even buys her baccy for her. crazy if ya ask me ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 00:21   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Omg how ironic this thread Just had my Bro down for a couple of beers and he was saying the same thing, he gave up smoking along with my hubby and me 10 mnths back, but he gave up only because his daughter kept going on about it to him.
Hes still not smoking but his daughter is and to top it, silly sod even buys her baccy for her. crazy if ya ask me ..
If she's old enough to smoke then she's old enough to buy her own coffin nails
Old 17-08-2008, 00:26   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
If she's old enough to smoke then she's old enough to buy her own coffin nails

Yep!!! My sentiments exactly BB,
Old 17-08-2008, 00:32   #10
Senior Member+

I take my hat off to anyone who gives up smoking. My partner, myself and my best mate tried it out a few years ago. We gave up on the same day and all started again two years later. I confess to being the first one to give in and they joined me within weeks.

I know it´s bad but I can´t help it.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 00:35   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
I take my hat off to anyone who gives up smoking. My partner, myself and my best mate tried it out a few years ago. We gave up on the same day and all started again two years later. I confess to being the first one to give in and they joined me within weeks.

I know it´s bad but I can´t help it.

Oh no !!!! June two years!!!!! what happened.?
I just cant see myself smoking again (although still get the urges) But goes to show you just never know.
Old 17-08-2008, 00:42   #12
Senior Member+

It just never went away. I ended up buying half an ounce of tobacco and smoked a rolly in Gateway´s carpark on my way to work. Then I´d sneak outside whilst Brian was asleep. Naughty but nice!

In the end I had to confess but I still feel guilty about the speed in which they took it up again........happen they cheated too. I´ll never know.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 09:48   #13
Resting in Peace

I smoked 40 a day, the first time a doctor said anything about my smoking, he didn't tell me to stop just to cut down and smoke a lower tar brand. I was ill in bed at the time with a very bad attack of bronchitis, I got up after 10 days, picked up a packet of Embassy no1 and my lighter and give them to the wife and said thats it I'm never going to smoke again, that was the 26th January 1978 and I haven't had a ciggy in my mouth since
Old 17-08-2008, 19:05   #14
Loz

Well good luck!
I have zero willpower which isn't good!
The longest i have ever gone without a fag is a week and that was because i was ill and didn't feel like anything!
As soon as i was better i was in town buying fags!
Old 17-08-2008, 19:36   #15
Resting in Peace

Easy to give up - Done it a thousand times.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..