Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: would you like to see more community focussed events in accrington
yes 4 40.00%
no 6 60.00%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2011, 14:12   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: would you like to see more community focussed events in accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
true enough, but surely if enough people want it then that's what the money should be put into instead of schemes people don't want. is this not what the council is there for - to represent the people?
Want what though?

You mentioned May Day, and harvests.

Would 'community events' in the town celebrating those things, make me visit Accy?

Probably not.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2011, 14:14   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Want what though?

You mentioned May Day, and harvests.

Would 'community events' in the town celebrating those things, make me visit Accy?

Probably not.

those were just examples, as i said in the post
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 14:17   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lol ok good point M&S is safe then

isnt any glass though is it,its M&S glass
I once saw a building with four glass walls.

A conversation-tory, or something like that, I think they called it.

Old 24-11-2011, 14:20   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
those were just examples, as i said in the post
As I posted, I would need specific details of any 'community focused events', with full costings, if they needed public funding, before I could comment on what I thought any benefits there might be to the town, and it's people.

Otherwise it is just pie in the sky waffle.

Old 24-11-2011, 15:32   #20

Why doesnt Jedimaster & Garinda organise a public community event and seek funding from the council, I mean they seem like they want more community events, Why not organise the event yourselves and that way you can give something back to the town and also you can show what you guys can do and improve on things .... Just an idea
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 15:36   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
Why doesnt Jedimaster & Garinda organise a public community event and seek funding from the council, I mean they seem like they want more community events, Why not organise the event yourselves and that way you can give something back to the town and also you can show what you guys can do and improve on things .... Just an idea

why do you think i've set up the poll? to see if there is enough people that would support it. and more importantly WHAT THEY WANT!

however YOU have already been put in charge of one of the events, should you not therefore be tailoring it to the needs and want's of the people of the town it represents?
Old 24-11-2011, 15:46   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Silly poppet, you really don't want to start telling me what I should be doing.

Or second guessing what I do, or have done...and epecially what I think.

If people want to take on a public role, spending peoples' hard earned taxes, but can't face the responsibility of being held accountable to the public, they are perfectly free to do one.

No one's holding a gun to their head.

Old 24-11-2011, 15:49   #23

Yeah ..... indeed ill just have a look at the attendence figures , When you have a crowd from the stage outside the market hall that goes up and past the calder then one would say that it must have tailored to the towns people, And before Garinda comes in with a Chav remark i have pictures from the events and didnt look very chavy to me........ Anyhow good luck with your event and lets hope its a roaring success
Old 24-11-2011, 15:55   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Silly poppet, you really don't want to start telling me what I should be doing.

Or second guessing what I do, or have done...and epecially what I think.

If people want to take on a public role, spending peoples' hard earned taxes, but can't face the responsibility of being held accountable to the public, they are perfectly free to do one.

No one's holding a gun to their head.
Then feel free to put on a community event for the town and you will be supported by the council, Its easy to sit and tell people what they should be doing and how something should be run, when your not the one doing it, My view is why dont you get your heads together and do a community event, nothing wrong with asking the question
Old 24-11-2011, 15:55   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yeah ..... indeed ill just have a look at the attendence figures , When you have a crowd from the stage outside the market hall that goes up and past the calder then one would say that it must have tailored to the towns people, And before Garinda comes in with a Chav remark i have pictures from the events and didnt look very chavy to me........ Anyhow good luck with your event and lets hope its a roaring success
Nice you have your snaps.

There were very few in the local newspaper.

Odd, that.

Old 24-11-2011, 15:59   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Then feel free to put on a community event for the town and you will be supported by the council, Its easy to sit and tell people what they should be doing and how something should be run, when your not the one doing it, My view is why dont you get your heads together and do a community event, nothing wrong with asking the question
Er...I've already voted in this thread.

I don't want anymore 'community events'.

Not unless it's specified what the events actually are, and if there's any financial input from the public purse, full costings.

So their true worth can be evaluated.

Old 24-11-2011, 16:06   #27

I know Odd that, Funny how they phoned me yesterday to help organise the nightlife section ..... You know this paper that ive apparently fallen out with..... Garinda Shssssssss poppet
Old 24-11-2011, 16:06   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:

funny how you enter into a personal argument yet fail to respond to the valid points that i have raised.

i hope to be able to do something for the community but FIRST i aim to find out what the community wants, as with every venture good market research is the key, if you can't identify your market you are doomed to fail before you even begin
Old 24-11-2011, 16:07   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Then feel free to put on a community event for the town and you will be supported by the council, Its easy to sit and tell people what they should be doing and how something should be run, when your not the one doing it
I probably would do more, than I already do.

If it wasn't for the fact having Parkinson's disease means I don't know whether I'll be able to dress myself tomorrow, nevermind committing my time to things I'll probably not be able to honour.

Until they find a cure for Parkinson's I shall carry on saying what the hell I like, about where my taxes are spent, and on what.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Again, no one has a gun pointed at your head...hopefully.

Old 24-11-2011, 16:09   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I know Odd that, Funny how they phoned me yesterday to help organise the nightlife section ..... You know this paper that ive apparently fallen out with..... Garinda Shssssssss poppet
Good yeh think that way,aint good to think they just might be using yeh when it suits em,as ive said before,its a funny owd world.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..