Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2007, 19:18   #1
God Member

X factor is here!!

Watching X factor, as I do every year!!

And every year I think the same.............

Why are some families and friends so evil that they would FORGET to mention that some of them CANNOT sing!!

There was a women on right at the beginning of this series " anne " I think she was called, she couldn't sing to save her life!! and was gob smacked that the judges said " no, no, no and no "

Why didn't her family and friends tell the poor women she sounds awful before she went!!

hahaha oh well ........... there will be more on X factor this year no doubt

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2007, 19:20   #2
Junior Member+

Re: X factor is here!!

Lui Walsh is back too (publicity stunt comes to mind).
Old 18-08-2007, 19:41   #3
God Member

I love Strictly, that should be back soon!!
Old 18-08-2007, 19:49   #4
I am Band

Exclamation Re: X factor is here!!

More's the pity!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 19:52   #5
Passed away 25-11-09

I must admit I enjoy the auditions, especially the spectacularly bad ones who really can't believe they can't sing. I don't watch the later programmes because I'm not interested in them.

I was disappointed, tonight, that they didn't show many truly dire acts. Did enjoy the elderly lady who could imitate a Hawaiian guitar with her nose.

One thing bugs me. Every time, there is someone with a "sob story" who, inevitably, gets through. The girl from Brum, tonight, wasn't bad but the deceased father story had to come out and........oh well, I'm just an old cynic. I enjoyed watching the red-haired girl who thought she was Christina Aguillera and was, in fact, awful. Her tantrum, afterwards, made up for a lot.
Old 18-08-2007, 19:52   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
More's the pity!
X-Factor, Strictly or both?
Old 18-08-2007, 19:52   #7
God Member

Yes, X-factor just made me cry. Woman at the end with the amazing voice.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 19:55   #8
God Member

I can tell its back, can hear the howling from the TV in the front room, Open plan isn't a good idea sometimes

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 20:40   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Watching X factor, as I do every year!!

And every year I think the same.............

Why are some families and friends so evil that they would FORGET to mention that some of them CANNOT sing!!

There was a women on right at the beginning of this series " anne " I think she was called, she couldn't sing to save her life!! and was gob smacked that the judges said " no, no, no and no "

Why didn't her family and friends tell the poor women she sounds awful before she went!!

hahaha oh well ........... there will be more on X factor this year no doubt
its great isnt it,i would never go on myself but i love watching other people try,when they really cant,what a laugh
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 21:55   #10
God Member

The first lot of auditions get more and more dreadful every year.When these shows first started they were funny,some still are,but I have to wonder whether some people are just putting it on for the cameras.They can't all be so ridiculously awful.No-one gets any recognition for being middle of the road.They get noticed if they're exceptionally good (like Leona) but they can also grab 5 minutes of fame for being exceptionally bad.The worst is usually invited back to perform at the final to pad the show out and give us a laugh.
The trouble with it being a singing competition is that the only requirement is a voice,which everybody including the insane and idiotic have.If it was a harp contest or flute contest you wouldn't get nearly as many idiots going in for it as they'd have to shell out on the necessary equipment first.These first few shows get on my nerves but they do make my 6 year old laugh.I prefer the live shows when the talent comes through ( or not,in the case of Steve Brookstein.)Wonder where he is now.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 21:59   #11
Senior Member+

I've never watched it before but we decided to give it a go tonight. The first bit was well funny but even 'im indoors shed a tear at the end. I reckon he's hooked now........grrrrr

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 22:16   #12
God Member

I think the lass at the end will go through to the finals ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 22:21   #13

It stuns me every time when this putrid freak show is on that anyone goes and tries to compete on it. I means seriously you tell me anyone who is still going who as become a star from such shows who as talent and isnt soo processed?

Shane ward? where is he?

Leona (however you spell it) what as she done?
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 22:24   #14
God Member

I also think it was a mistake to lower the minimum age from 16 down to 14.Apart from the question of what happens in the unlikely event that a 14 year old wins...what about school?.I think we will see a fair few precocious 14 year olds who are not very good but have been cruelly told they're marvellous by their parents.They go in full of themselves and then the judges tell them truthfully that they're awful and then next news all the family go barging into the audition room shouting and bawling insults at the judges,telling them they don't know what they're talking about,that they're not fit to be a judge and that their darling Chantelle-Marie will have a number one hit next year and will be the next Beyonce....NOT!!lol
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 22:28   #15
God Member

I dont watch - it should be called Cringe Factor - worse than a fingernail on a blackboard (shudder)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..