Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 12:19   #1
Senior Member+

Yea.....Back To School Today !

Nearly killed me this morning having to get up at 7.30am to drag Alecs covers off him to make sure he got up for the 1st day of term.

By the way , hes 16 tomorrow, the oldest in his school (pupil wise that is)

Think most schools go back tomorrow.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2006, 12:25   #2
God Member

Re: Yea.....Back To School Today !

They have been back 2 weeks up here. Alec can now start worrying as he will be 16 tomorrow the slow trundle starts now next 18 then 21 then downhill faster than a bobsley on the cresta run.

Give it a few days and you be back in the stride of it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:28   #3
God Member

My kids were up early and excited to be going back.........by friday it won't be the same, back to having to tip the mattresses up

They did look brilliant in there brand new uniforms though, and BOY have I enjoyed the peace and quiet today.......even went back to bed for a while this morning ahhhhhhhhhhh heaven!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:29   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
My kids were up early and excited to be going back.........by friday it won't be the same, back to having to tip the mattresses up

They did look brilliant in there brand new uniforms though, and BOY have I enjoyed the peace and quiet today.......even went back to bed for a while this morning ahhhhhhhhhhh heaven!!!!
Why you you you

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 04-09-2006, 12:30   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Why you you you
I know!!!! GRAND

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:35   #6
Senior Member+

Got to admit, once i knew he was up i rubbed his cute little nose in it and snuggled back to bed myself !

Tomorrows going to be fun, ive bought some balloons and a birthday banter for the front of the flat. Cant wait to see him go red with embarrasement. .
Old 04-09-2006, 12:36   #7
I am Banned

Quote:

Quite the same in this house .......... peace is soooo bliss, i cant be arsed getting jobs done cos im enjoying the peace so much hehehehe, tho i was a good girl i got up early & have made most of the waking day in quietness & calm LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 13:05   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
....even went back to bed for a while this morning...
You lazy ********

Can't stop I have just got out of bed and need to make a sandwich so I can lie on the sofa and watch some TV. Its a hard life being off work recuperating.
Old 04-09-2006, 13:06   #9
I am Banned

my aunties son didnt want to go back to school today and there was a right hissy fit , tantrums and tears.

eventualy my auntie convinced him that he shoud go as the class would be in chaos without its teacher
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 14:07   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
my aunties son didnt want to go back to school today and there was a right hissy fit , tantrums and tears.

eventualy my auntie convinced him that he shoud go as the class would be in chaos without its teacher

Old 04-09-2006, 16:29   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
You lazy ********
I agree!! OK for some!

Got 2 back today, mine were excited to be going back too but it can't last! Give it a couple of days then we'll have these mysterious illness that only seem to appear at 7.30am and disappear by 9am if they manage to be convincing enough to blag a day off!
Old 04-09-2006, 19:35   #12
Resident Waffler

I'm knee deep in the mess created by going away for the whole summer hols. All that washing and surprising the amount of junk we brought back! I think the girls were glad to be back at school and well out of the way of being asked to do something to help.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 22:41   #13
Resting in Peace

Well, I''m am now full of misery, will have to turn my alarm clock back having to get up earlier to cope with the bloody school runners.. and beware, I will not let you out from Pickup Street onto Whalley Road in Clayton with your 4 x 4's (or whatever) and 1/2 children in the back, who are quite capable of catching the bus or walking to school.

Never had the pleasure of goin' back to bed myself after children departed to school .. but please let 'em walk .. will be much fitter for it.

Phew .... feel better now, just had to say that .. roll on half-term
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:59   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Got to admit, once i knew he was up i rubbed his cute little nose in it and snuggled back to bed myself !

Tomorrows going to be fun, ive bought some balloons and a birthday banter for the front of the flat. Cant wait to see him go red with embarrasement. .
Come on Jimmi what was the outcome of this little suprise? Did he go red with embaresment or did he do a runner as fast as he could to school?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..