Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2008, 17:23   #1
Resting in Peace

Yorkshire Ripper

It appears that Yorkshire ripper Peter Sutcliffe is aiming to win his freedom by claiming his human rights have been breached. Thats funny didn't know animals came under the human rights act, and what about the rights of those women who he brutally killed, to me he should rot in hell never mind jail
Old 14-05-2008, 17:28   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Yorkshire Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It appears that Yorkshire ripper Peter Sutcliffe is aiming to win his freedom by claiming his human rights have been breached. Thats funny didn't know animals came under the human rights act, and what about the rights of those women who he brutally killed, to me he should rot in hell never mind jail
Has it not been overuled though Jaysay and that he will have to stay in prison for the rest of his life ? Just a short news bulletin I heard today.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 17:32   #3
Senior Member+

Another piece of murderous/criminal scum jumping on the 'we have rights ' band wagon.Bring back hanging.
Old 14-05-2008, 18:06   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a good documentary on last night about the "mind" of that piece of crap, the "shrinks" have always argued he was mad, it showed evidence that went a long way to disproving that- but it was never submitted to the jury, which i think is abysmal i got the impression (my thoughts) that he will possibly be released sometime in the future.
Old 14-05-2008, 18:09   #5
God Member

He has got some hot shot lawyer working for him, a woman to boot. Just don't understand these people or is it just a money thing??
Old 14-05-2008, 18:11   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
He has got some hot shot lawyer working for him, a woman to boot. Just don't understand these people or is it just a money thing??
probably a lethal combination of cash n the Richard Head Do-gooders.
Old 14-05-2008, 18:14   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Has it not been overuled though Jaysay and that he will have to stay in prison for the rest of his life ? Just a short news bulletin I heard today.
Don't know kate didn't see the news tonight, just saw the item on cefax about 6pm. Just had another look and Jacqui Smith Home Secretary say's "It is hard to imagine circumstances in which Sutcliffe would be freed", but it looks like he is going ahead with his case according to his brief
Old 14-05-2008, 18:16   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Don't know kate didn't see the news tonight, just saw the item on cefax about 6pm. Just had another look and Jacqui Smith Home Secretary say's "It is hard to imagine circumstances in which Sutcliffe would be freed", but it looks like he is going ahead with his case according to his brief
well if he gets blazey involved- hes cracked it.
Old 14-05-2008, 18:18   #9
God Member

Quote:
It is disgusting that any woman would defend him IMHO
Old 14-05-2008, 19:06   #10
God Member

Civil rights are for everyone, from saint to scum .... you can't have it any other way. We all know ... or should ... what repressive totalitarian govts. do when they take power, they suspend civil rights. And for good reason; individual rights guaranteed by a constitution written or implied are the basis of any democracy .... you can't have one without the other. Without those rights we couldn't even discuss this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 19:13   #11
God Member

There are ways of getting around this within the system. Capital punishment is one of them; tho' I personally am opposed to that. In Canada there is provision for having someone declared a Dangerous Offender, which is a legal way of "throwing away the key". Neither of these encroach on the right to a fair trial and the best legal defence available, or on the right to appeal.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 19:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
There are ways of getting around this within the system. Capital punishment is one of them; tho' I personally am opposed to that. In Canada there is provision for having someone declared a Dangerous Offender, which is a legal way of "throwing away the key". Neither of these encroach on the right to a fair trial and the best legal defence available, or on the right to appeal.
And he is a dangerous offender I think most people would say!!!
Old 14-05-2008, 19:38   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if he gets blazey involved- hes cracked it.
She would have my 'Town Halls' for that.
Seriously, this man deserves to be where he is and stay where he is.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 19:38   #14

This is the BBC report.

Old 14-05-2008, 19:42   #15

you watch next will be his biography, then a film and that will pay for his hot shot lawyer.
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..