Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2006, 04:45   #1
God Member

Your call is important to us...please hold....

At last, an American has cracked the code for bypassing automated answering systems

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...048743,00.html

I shall be pressing an unending series of zero's from now on, how about you?
Old 20-02-2006, 06:23   #2
God Member

Re: Your call is important to us...please hold....

Bank with First Direct, always answered by a person and in this country too. Ask you a couple of questions to get you through security (which change every time) and then you can sort out whatever it is you are ringing about!!! I also get free texts off them every morning updating me on transactions in my bank account. Love em..

HATE AUTOMATED PRESS 1 ETC.. SYSTEMS

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 07:41   #3
God Member

You 're a bit slow with this one A-B. It was even on Richard Hammonds 5 o'clock show about 5 weeks ago and before that I heard it on the radio before Christmas.

Also if you read it, there are 'different methods' for each and every company so just pressing zeros won't work with all. TBH most of them are just the legitimate 'route' to the operators just that you know them up front of the call.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 11:29   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
You 're a bit slow with this one A-B. It was even on Richard Hammonds 5 o'clock show about 5 weeks ago and before that I heard it on the radio before Christmas.

Also if you read it, there are 'different methods' for each and every company so just pressing zeros won't work with all. TBH most of them are just the legitimate 'route' to the operators just that you know them up front of the call.
I saw it on the 5 o' clock show.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 11:31   #5
God Member

I've known about the 0 thing for a while. It's not going to be long before all these big organisations get wise and have the 0 go through to an answering machine.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 16:00   #6
Resident Waffler

I hate call centres. Even when you get a human half of them don't seem to be able to answer the query.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 22:15   #7
white rabbits

its just another money making scam... i am sure theres someone with their feet on the table smoking a fag and having a brew,timing you before your put through,, i would rather just get an engaged tone,and try again..
Old 20-02-2006, 23:09   #8
Give, give, give member

The Daily Telegraph were a bit slow of the mark, it was in the Daily Mail at the beginning of January.

Still useful information to have literally at your finger tips though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 13:48   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I have always found that the easiest way to talk to a human is when given the options always press the sales choice you're never kept waiting long and after explaining what you want, they will tell you it's the wrong department so you politley, (strange for me eh?) ask to be transferred, hey presto! Straight through to another human.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 22:13   #10
Junior Member+

imfed up with ringing india to get to the gas board in preston it makes me laugh.
homer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..