Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2003, 14:46   #1

Post Best Pub

I like the idea of a forum for our area, so I'd like to kick off with a what do you think is the best pub in Accy kind off question?

My Answer - well, I think it has to be castle pub. Lots of good people and the beers always good.
mickbrfc likes this.
boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2003, 07:37   #2

Post Re: Best Pub

as for best pub i drink in Darwen,b-burn and accy and i say there all good lets get leathered 8)
leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 21:55   #3
Junior Member+

i don't mind the queens, its a good night on fri and sats, and there is always someone friendly and local on a week night
Old 05-04-2003, 21:36   #4

I remember the George on Blackburn Rd used to be good; but haven't been in there for donkeys years.

There was a quiet pub called (I think) the Great Eastern?
off Burnley Rd. Served very nice beer, many a drunken sleep had in there.

I tend to avoid going in the centre nowadays, bit rough.
Or maybe thats old age setting in
Old 06-04-2003, 13:29   #5
n.i.s.

accy town center seems to be picking up nicely now with the refurbishment of panemas now becoming THE VOODOO LOUNGE .(where does he think the names up) and its only a short walk upstairs to the amazing OPIUM, where the sound and lighting are exelent.hats off to the guys who put hours of effort into these places for our enjoyment. hopefully the regency will be just as impressive when it re-opens later this month, leading to some exellent nights out this summer. BRING IT ON
Old 08-04-2003, 08:13   #6

[quote author=n.i.s. link=board=nightlife;num=1048610761;start=0#4 date=04/06/03 at 14:29:54] THE VOODOO LOUNGE .(where does he think the names up) [/quote]

I'm pretty sure that The Voodoo Lounge was an album by The Rolling Stones - but there are already nightclubs and bars all over the world with this name!
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 20:41   #7
Junior Member+

whats going on at the hargreaves?
some new geezer takes over and changes the staff about and gives the after work shift to some deaf muppet with the conversation skills of a soggy bar towel!
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2003, 10:31   #8

I AM GUNNA B TAKING OVER THE WHITE LION IN HUNCOAT IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS - SO FEEL FREE 2 COME UP AND HAVE A NOSEY.

ONCE I GET MY HANDS ON IT, IT WILL BE THE BEST PUB!
Vixen8781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2003, 19:32   #9

well i think my local the crown inn on whalley road is a good un! the fact that they put up a cheap brekkie before a stanley game is always a bonus too
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2003, 18:16   #10

The best pub in town dissapeared years ago...

The Old Broadway, Bob Walker and his missiz June....Great Host's...was a good pub then.

The pool room always had a funny smell to it.... i never worked out what it was but i always felt great when i came out......

I guess the next best has got to be the Dopey ****** over the road.

B.
Old 11-07-2003, 19:16   #11
Resting in Peace

has anyone tryed the tanpits pub since they did it up
i still find the working mans clubs alot cheaper than the pubs
but with king street shutting not joined another club yet
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 08:43   #12
Junior Member+

I dont drink in town very often, I spend most of my time in Huncoat village but the best boozer in town has to be the Hope and Anchor, followed by the Adelphi now that it is under new management. [smiley=cheers.gif]
Chris7464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 16:33   #13
andrew

The best Accy pub of all time has to be the Black Bull which used to situated at the end of Hyndburn Road.I bet theres a few out there who used to while away the early hours in there! .Sigh!  Oh the memories.............
Old 24-07-2003, 17:20   #14
Resting in Peace

the lager in the hope is warm or it used to be ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 08:57   #15
Junior Member+

hey mick go back to the hope its mighty fine in there dont be scared of steve (landlord) or his beautifull bar staff if there was something up with your pint tell him he wont bite you but they might! they would sort ya drink out no problems ;D
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..