Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2007, 11:01   #1

Lightbulb Calling All Local Artists

Sue Ryder Care is urging artists across the country to dust off their easels pick up a paintbrush and take part in this year's Art Liberating Lives campaign. The campaign culminates in an exhibition at London's prestigious Mall Galleries in December. Your artwork could be one of the 6 pieces from the Lancashire area to reach the final exhibition.

Sue Ryder Care provides care that liberates lives and we would like you to create a piece of art with a theme that reflects this - the theme is 'Liberation'. Anyone can enter - from novices to the professionals and you can produce art in any medium, from oil paintings to sculptures. Entering is easy; just let your imagination run wild.

All of the works submitted* will go forward to a local exhibition to be held in November where the pieces can be snapped up by art lovers through an auction. All proceeds from the auction will go to help the charity help more; this includes the care provided to people living with conditions including Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, Stroke, Brain Injury and Cancer within our Care Centres.

At the local exhibition in November there will be a panel of judges who will choose the artworks that will go forward to the national Art Liberating Lives exhibition. The works will then be exhibited from Wednesday 12 December to Friday 21 December.

This is a great way for you to support Sue Ryder Care, having fun along the way by creating something unique and personal. I hope that you will join in and send us your piece of art.

To register your interest or if you would like to find out more about the competition please call Louise on 01772 698145 email [email protected] g.

*Any works submitted will be received as a donation to the charity and will be none returnable. See Rules and Regulations attached.

Please get involved

Many Thanks,
All at Sue Ryder Care
SueRyderCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2007, 15:17   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Calling All Local Artists

I am giving this some more thought. I may be able to come up with something after all. As I mentioned previously, I passed it along to a friend who is very artistic in the hope that she'll submit something.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..