Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 20:23   #1
God Member

Civic Arts Centre is 1 year old

On 20th August, 1pm to 4pm we are holding a birthday party to celebrate our first year.

There will be showcases from some of the many projects and groups that use the centre and it's a chance to find out more about forthcoming shows and sessions.

1pm - 4pm - FREE entry

Civic Arts Centre
Union Rd, Oswaldtwistle, BB5 3HZ

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2011, 21:00   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Civic Arts Centre is 1 year old

Happy birthday, for the 20th.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 14:01   #3
God Member

A bit more info

On Saturday 20th August, the Civic Arts Centre, Union Road, Oswaldtwistle is celebrating its 1st birthday. One whole year of dance, drama, musical theatre, photography and other creative activities in the heart of Hyndburn.
We’d like you to join us in our celebrations. Entry is FREE – just drop in.

Between 1pm and 4pm we’re holding an Open Day and many of the groups that rehearse here will be putting on showcase performances. Come as watch ReAct Academy, Sparks drama group, Over 50s drama, East Lancashire Concert Band perform. Plus find out about the great sessions planned for September onwards. Find out about auditions for forthcoming productions.

It’s also a good opportunity for you to get discounts on tickets for some of our forth coming shows. Come along and find out more. Look out for PHIL COOL IN NOVEMBER.
COMING SOON (THIS IS JUST A SELECTION – SEE Civic Arts Centre FOR FULL LISTING. ALL TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT Civic Arts Centre tickets from TicketSource | Buy tickets online

Anthony John ClarkeSaturday, 27th August 2011, 8pm - Tickets £10
His shows are funny, challenging and extremely popular. Anthony John Clarke is one of the music scene's real gentlemen.

WOODY GUTHRIE: HARD TIMES AND HARD TRAVELLIN’ - performed by Will KaufmanFriday, 9th September, 2011, 8pm - Tickets £5
This is a live documentary that sets the songs of Woody Guthrie in the context of the American 1930s – the Dust Bowl, the Depression, the New Deal and the state of popular music itself.

The Myth of EscapeWednesday, 21st September 2011, 7.30pm - Tickets £8 (concessions £6)
Absurdist political drama about isolation, oppression and fighting to hold on to everything you believe in.

ARGH! The Ups and Downs of Life as a Comic Book CreatorFriday 23rd September, 2011, 7.30pm - Tickets £7
I Was Spider-Man’s Editor - Celebrating 42,0000 Years of Comic Books

Des HorsfallFriday 14th October, 8pm – Tickets £7.50
Local folk music at its best.

Beer Street By Mikron TheatreFriday 21st, October, 2011, 7.30pm – Tickets £8 - £10
A lively, rumbustious show telling the story of pubs and beer and the part they have always played in society. Mikron’s 40th anniversary production happily coincides with the 40th anniversary of the Campaign for Real Ale.

Phil CoolWednesday 23rd November
Starts at 7.30PM
Price: £15.00

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Last edited by Gayle; 12-08-2011 at 14:03.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 18:12   #4
Resting in Peace

Your doing a great job Gayle, keep up the good work
Old 12-08-2011, 18:40   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Well done Gayle the place looks great and I know how busy you are.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..