Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2005, 17:58   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: good hair salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne72_uk
It was actually my daughter that placed this message (She's 14), obviously she didn't realise I would get all the stupid replies to my email address.... she has not been banned from the computer, so thanks for the replies.. you can stop mow.

At least you've cleared that up for us Joanne. As the parent of a 14 year old girl you will understand that you can't be too careful on t'internet.... The members on here would like to think that we make Accyweb as safe as possible for everyone. Tell your daughter to get her own username, there are plenty of other teenagers on here, especially on the Stanley part of the forum..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2005, 17:59   #32
Give, give, give member

You joined, and the very first post was by your daughter???

I think a little more parental control is needed, or a psychiatrist in case you may have multiple dissorder syndrome.

O N L Y J O K I N G.

Last edited by garinda; 29-08-2005 at 18:00.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 18:02   #33

And to be honest I think you need to get a life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
You joined, and the very first post was by your daughter???

I think a little more parental control is needed, or a psychiatrist in case you may have multiple dissorder syndrome.

O N L Y J O K I N G.
joanne72_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 18:05   #34

I'm not comfortable with her using things like this at all and can't even remember registering for this myself, but she has now got herself a nice long ban from the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
At least you've cleared that up for us Joanne. As the parent of a 14 year old girl you will understand that you can't be too careful on t'internet.... The members on here would like to think that we make Accyweb as safe as possible for everyone. Tell your daughter to get her own username, there are plenty of other teenagers on here, especially on the Stanley part of the forum..
Old 29-08-2005, 18:06   #35
Senior Member+

Vicky at exphairteze on Abbey Street is excellent.
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 18:07   #36
Give, give, give member

I wasn't being rude Joanne, but you must admit it did seem a bit strange your first post was by your daughter in text speak, which by the way isn't allowed on here.

You are very welcome, but like Lettie said we have lots of young people on here and perhaps you should encourage her to join under her own i-d, and not use yours.

Welcome to Accy Web by the way.

Old 29-08-2005, 18:10   #37
Give, give, give member

Stranger and stranger.

You don't remember registering, then your daughter posts in a two year old thread and moments later you remember you must have registered because you answered right away????

The truth will out.

Old 29-08-2005, 18:38   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
And to be honest I think you need to get a life!
I could not agree more Joanne. It is about time you started posting some sensible posts Gary and stop upsetting new (ish) members, or I will not buy you any more beer at the next meet

Old 29-08-2005, 18:38   #39

The reason I replied was because I kept getting email notices that some saddo,
with nothing better to do with their time, had left a message on here for 'me', my daughter then admitted that she had come across the site via google and had left a message because she want to find a new hairdresser, she has now been ban from the computer and I am still getting messages from idiots like you. I probably registered ages ago, but what that has got to you I don't know....... get a life for gods sake.
Old 29-08-2005, 18:42   #40
Filthy / Gorgeous

Has your daughter registered using your details Joanne? If so, then she deserves the ban..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 29-08-2005, 18:46   #41

I don't think she has, I briefly remember registering for something like this a year or so ago but never really used it, she went onto google looking for a new hairdressers in the area and this site came up, she just used it without thinking, but I have banned her until she can be more careful, she is not a stupid girl but I don't what here going on sites she shouldn't.

Quote:
Has your daughter registered using your details Joanne? If so, then she deserves the ban..
Old 29-08-2005, 18:46   #42
Give, give, give member

Darling Joanne if you remember when you joined you will remember that you must have enabled your account to get emails everytime someone posts in a thread you [or your daughter] have posted in.

If you go to the user contol panel you can switch it off and you'll stop getting them.

Like I said welcome to Accy Web, and I hope your daughter gets her hair sorted out, and you find a chill pill.

Old 29-08-2005, 18:51   #43

Fortunately I have a life, but one of the downfalls to this is that I don't always remember every single detail of what I did maybe a year or so ago.... if you do remember details like that you are either very, very clever to remember all thoses details or you really do have a very, very sad little existence.... one last thing, I am not your darling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Darling Joanne if you remember when you joined you will remember that you must have enabled your account to get emails everytime someone posts in a thread you [or your daughter] have posted in.

If you go to the user contol panel you can switch it off and you'll stop getting them.

Like I said welcome to Accy Web, and I hope your daughter gets her hair sorted out, and you find a chill pill.
Old 29-08-2005, 18:52   #44
Filthy / Gorgeous

Quote:
I don't think she has, I briefly remember registering for something like this a year or so ago but never really used it, she went onto google looking for a new hairdressers in the area and this site came up, she just used it without thinking, but I have banned her until she can be more careful, she is not a stupid girl but I don't what here going on sites she shouldn't.
If you don't want your daughter posting in your name then just make sure that you log off after using the site. Go to the user control panel and change your password to something that you will remember. If you log off then your daughter would have to type in your username and password in order to get onto the site.. Hope this helps.

Old 29-08-2005, 18:55   #45

Thank-you for the advise, hopefully it won't be an issue again. Have a nice evening.

Quote:
If you don't want your daughter posting in your name then just make sure that you log off after using the site. Go to the user control panel and change your password to something that you will remember. If you log off then your daughter would have to type in your username and password in order to get onto the site.. Hope this helps.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..