Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2016, 13:19   #1

Smile Illustrated talks for most social groups

If you belong to any social group who invite speakers to present illustrated talks, take a look at my website: Steve Halliwell : Author, Public Speaker, Biographer where you'll find details of 20 odd talks I give, together with details of those I currently have engagements with, and, most importantly my contact details. Give me a shout, I speak to all manner of diverse groups, with an equally diverse range of talks.
Would younger generations be mindful that more senior members may not see this, and would they PLEASE pass the info onto them. THANKYOU

Last edited by steverh; 12-11-2016 at 13:24.
steverh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2016, 16:06   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Illustrated talks for most social groups

You'd be surprised at what the owdies on here are capable of.

Also, Hello.
AccyMad, Eric, Gremlin and 1 others like this.
Old 12-11-2016, 16:25   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You'd be surprised at what the owdies on here are capable of.

Also, Hello.
Perhaps he should research the medium he advertises on before anything else.
AccyMad, Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 12-11-2016, 18:24   #4
God Member

Many of us "senior members" may be too busy to see your post. Like me: I have beer and bourbon to drink, a Yoda bong to keep stoked, and plans to make for an evening of horizontal fun with my "friend with benefits."

And: Welcome/Bienvenue to AccyWeb International.
AccyMad, maxthecollie and hilleluk like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 18:37   #5
Senior Member+

I certainly read your post and am not amused by your comments. If you think that "more senior members" would not be seeing your post I advise you to think again.
I'm sure that at 78 years old I'm not the oldest by any means using this forum.
Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 12-11-2016, 18:55   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I certainly read your post and am not amused by your comments. If you think that "more senior members" would not be seeing your post I advise you to think again.
Well said Russell, he has a nerve to come on here without first introducing himself.
cashman, Eric and Gremlin like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 21:37   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Aye Russell am a good bit owder then thee, an a while ago I kept geddin messages about me givin talks to sum o these societie's on the Pals and Accrington Heroes, I don't talk to groups of people an wouldnd know where to start, I asked my librarian friends at Acc an was told to ignore them' give them a wide berth. Seem like some of these clubs an societies put on meetings an invite speakers, most of em aren't the slightest bit interested in whats beeing said, its a club a society, an they just want to be part of the scene, trying to act like the Mason's.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 22:41   #8
Senior Member+

No doubt the elderly accywebbers have been made aware by now and Mick or Neil will take appropriate action
Eric likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 23:57   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
No doubt the elderly accywebbers have been made aware by now and Mick or Neil will take appropriate action
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 07:21   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverh View Post
If you belong to any social group who invite speakers to present illustrated talks, take a look at my website: Steve Halliwell : Author, Public Speaker, Biographer where you'll find details of 20 odd talks I give, together with details of those I currently have engagements with, and, most importantly my contact details. Give me a shout, I speak to all manner of diverse groups, with an equally diverse range of talks.
Would younger generations be mindful that more senior members may not see this, and would they PLEASE pass the info onto them. THANKYOU
Perhaps you should let us know on here what subjects you talk about?

Lot's of our members don't do links (too technical).

Just a stab in the dark could a couple of your talks be about:-

How to successfully spam a site and hope to make a profit

and

It's easy to peace off the older generation just be as patronising as I am

?????
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:09   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

P.S. I visited your site, your supposed to be some sort of researcher, why didn't you research AccyWeb Before posting?

P.P.S. Thank you for the facility were visitors can comment, I'm sure the more articulate of our members will struggle over to it and let you know what they think.
hilleluk likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:50   #12

By 'eck lads, tha'r a touchy bunch! Research? I've found out more than I expected wi' one post! I don't suppose there's a U3a in Accy then?!
Old 13-11-2016, 08:52   #13

It's a bit of a cheek coming on here just to advertise his services and then expecting the younger members to act as his PRs to the "senior members". Well this old codger, for one, doesn't do Public Relations work for nothing. £100 and I'll see what I can do, Steve. Let me know when I'll receive your cheque.

Last edited by Michael1954; 13-11-2016 at 08:54.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 08:59   #14

I don't do spam myself!! If you were to do things the long way round, Google my name and the words that come after it in my original post, and you'll find umpteen references to me and my interests. Other respondees have chastised me for assuming that the older readers don't need any digital assistance. Links just foreshorten matters.
Old 13-11-2016, 10:37   #15
Beacon of light

Steverh, I think your first mistake(if I can call it that) is that you did not really introduce yourself...this is the introduction section...only for introduction.
Any other 'chat' shoiuld be in a different section(so the mods are going to slap all of our hands).
It seemed to be a case of what can this site do for me, rather than the other way about. We have had a lot of that sort of stuff in the past and it does not go down well because such member rarely stay around and enrich the site.

If you are going to be advertising a service - which, to me, it seems that is what you are doing. It should be in another section AND it would be a courtesy to the site to ask permission from a moderator before you do that, otherwise your post may be seen as advertising spam.(and dealt with appropriately)

The majority of us on here are very capable of navigating the internet. in fact my daughter sometimes asks me for help in finding her way about.

We have a branch of the U3A at great harwood, though not sure if any members are signed up to it.

Now I am not trying to 'get at you', just offering some (hopefully) friendly advice
AccyMad, cashman, Gremlin and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-11-2016 at 10:41.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illustrated lectures, social groups, talks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..