Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2007, 08:02   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Italian

What do you 'mean 'a place like Accy'?

So, is it run by Italians?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2007, 15:12   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What do you 'mean 'a place like Accy'?

So, is it run by Italians?
I went to Quattros last night and the waiters had very strong accents so they are either Italian or they have practised hard at sounding like they are.

We had a good night. Food was very good, no problems with the service.

I'd go again.
Old 05-01-2008, 17:37   #18
Senior Member+

Has anyone tried the IL Pianista Italian on Church Street Yet?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 13:41   #19

Have been to Il pianista twice and both times have enjoyed it. The portions aren't massive but what we had was adequate amounts.

Went to Quattros last week, and won't be going back in a hurry. Out of seven of us two enjoyed it.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 10:24   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
good atmosphere,casual theme.service by staff is ok but slow in cooking the stuff.it will work i think,went the new place on church street before but walked out,no wine under £14 there.house wine at this one was only a tenner though.worth a try if you want to spend time there because you have to wait a while between courses.good for a place lke accy though.
footnote - before going there we went for a wine in calder and might have just stayed there but they had no food left!!!!! thats bad for 7 o'clock
the no wine under £14 certainly puts me off!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 12:02   #21
Junior Member+

Tried Quattos the other week. Food okay service rubbish.

When we arrived we were taken to our table. Our drinks order was taken by one member of staff then another arrived asking if we wanted drinks. Drinks arrived okay but table was not quite big enough for 4 people with wine glasses already on table followed by 4 bottles of beer and 4 more glasses to drink from. We then ordered a bottle of wine and had to empty the beer bottles into glasses to create space on table. We poured the wine into glasses and another member of staff came to ask if we'd like more wine (we hadn't even had food at that point). We enjoyed our food and wine - but when we were ready to order another bottle we couldn't make eye contact with any staff. We gave up on the wine when we'd finished the food but decided we might like coffee. We virtually had to trip up a waiter to order it - but NO ONE went near the coffee machine which we could see very clearly. After 5 minutes we decided enough was enough and paid up. We aren't going back.
SjVNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 00:55   #22

yea its bedlem at times.need to shape up a bit.food is hit and miss,as in sometimes excellent sometimes poor depending on who got what.good atmosphere and everything ive personally had was good.time will tell i suppose
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:39   #23
I am Banned

i have been to the one on church street - there was only me and my sister - along with a prty booking in there so the atmosphere wasnt that good - the service was really slow-
my sister had prawn cocktail which at £7 nearly wasnt that good - very little prawns more cocktail and the prawns were literally tasteless - never had prawns like it - those crab sticks taste better than they did - meals were okay but i wouldnt go back -maybe it was just a bad day
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 19:33   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
i have been to the one on church street - there was only me and my sister - along with a prty booking in there so the atmosphere wasnt that good - the service was really slow-
my sister had prawn cocktail which at £7 nearly wasnt that good - very little prawns more cocktail and the prawns were literally tasteless - never had prawns like it - those crab sticks taste better than they did - meals were okay but i wouldnt go back -maybe it was just a bad day
yeh got it right for me keetah= just a bad day= the last day for me.
Old 03-03-2008, 15:08   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Has anyone tried the IL Pianista Italian on Church Street Yet?

Best Regards - Taggy
i went on sunday and i can honestly say i will not be going back. fistly they have a very limited menu (if you can call it a menu it was just 4 sheets of paper stappled togther). I went for the garlic mushrooms in cream sauce for starter (around £4) which was ok but very strong on the garlic, i then had a steak in a creamy mushroom mustard sauce (£16), steak was nice but the sauce was awful. i'll also add that a pint of fosters is £3 and a glass of white wine was £3.50.

Don't be put off with what i think, try it yourself
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..