Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 15:48   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
It's fantasmagorical.......

Yes, that's right.........

The stage musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang comes to Manchester Palace Theatre, March - June 2006.. Winner of the Best Musical Variety Club Award and complete with fantastic sets and flying car, this has to be worth seeing. Tickets are on sale now at the Palace box office.........I know one person who will definitely be seeing this one..

Walks away singing......

You're sleek as a thoroughbred.
Your seats are a feather bed.
You'll turn everybody's head today.
We'll glide on our motor trip
With pride in our ownership
The envy of all we survey.
Oh Chitty You Chitty
Pretty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
We love you.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2005, 16:43   #2
God Member

Re: It's fantasmagorical.......

Ooo that sounds fab lettie and its my sons birthday in june and although he will be a teenager then I know he would prob still love it. Who can fail to love chitty chitty bang bang!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 19:34   #3
God Member

I'd quite like to see that, I'm a bit concerned about your singing though Lettie.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:28   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

I went to see this show last night and I have to say I was not disappointed. Being friday night there were a lot of children there, and it was just delightful.

The car is the star of the show, especially in flying mode. There are no wires, but the stage floor goes very dark when the car is flying which makes me think that there is some sort of lifting device under the car. However they do it, the effect is brilliant.

The cast were all great. Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts) was barely recognisable as the Child Catcher and he was met with loads of booing and hissing from the children in the audience. Everybody in the audience looked like they were having such a good time, as did the cast. With a few (aside) adult orientated 'in' jokes, this show has something for everyone.

It is running until 10th June and I highly recommend it. My only advice is......... watch out for the dogs...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 06-05-2006, 11:48   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Ooo that sounds fab lettie and its my sons birthday in june and although he will be a teenager then I know he would prob still love it. Who can fail to love chitty chitty bang bang!!!
What you mean is,
Oooooh I want to see that and even if I have to drag him there, he'll be my excuse for going.
Don't deny it, I know, my Mum used me as an excuse to go watch Cliff Richards
in 'Summer Holiday', when I was the same age!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 21:16   #6

I too saw the show at Manchester with my 14 year old daughter and some friends and it was fantastic I thought when we booked that the tickets were a bit pricey at 40 quid, but I would pay it again to get another chance to watch it. The whole cast were brilliant, particularly the young actor that played jeremy (a definite star in the making)
As for the car, what can I say, PURE MAGIC. Younger children must have been amazed!
Old 20-05-2006, 23:28   #7
God Member

I've just been to see it tonight. BRILLIANT!

Can't say I liked those 2 dancers dressed as clowns during the fair ground bit! They were scary looking clowns!!

The dogs made me chuckle! I'd like to know if one lone dog that ran back across whilst Boris and Goran were on the stage was part of the act?

The car was fantastic! My Dad said same as Lettie, that it was on a ramp ..... NO IT WAS REALLY FLYING!! lol!

Walks away singing ......

Chitty chitty bang bang we love you
Old 21-05-2006, 15:06   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
The dogs made me chuckle! I'd like to know if one lone dog that ran back across whilst Boris and Goran were on the stage was part of the act?
The one lone dog ran across the stage when I went too... I wasn't sure if it was intentional or whether Boris and Goran cleverly ad-libbed..

Old 24-05-2006, 22:14   #9

Very clever dog, as it did exactly the same when we watched the show. I wonder if they were trained by Kevin Horkin

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..