Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 08:27   #31

Re: Lily Mae's

it's a little pricey, little bit more upscale - yes expect that with fusion food - but even as i've only been living in the area a little under two years i realize accrington could benefit from a little bit of culture.

the amount of unimpressive indians/italians is appalling (not to mention the dirty and nasty fast food).

at least check out the place - decent service/good food.
silentxplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2007, 09:59   #32
Senior Member+

Talking about restaurants, whats happen to Papa Luigis in accy, it has turned into a very posh restaurant, is it still the same or has been taken over by someonelse???
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32   #33
God Member

I think it's under new ownership, Papa Luigi's in Accrington went bust earlier this year I believe
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 15:50   #34

Knew Papa Luigi's had been bought out and that it was been refurbished, but has it actually opened yet?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 20:47   #35

i think im going for my birthday
Old 06-11-2007, 19:18   #36
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Do you know if they have an experienced/qualified chef preparing the food in the evenings?

It certainly looks nice when ive driven past, and would like to try something different of an evening in Accrington. Almost every new opening these days, seems to be an Indian Restaurant or Takeaway, and whilst i am rather partial to Indian Food, it would be nice to have something perhaps on the Medditerranean/Modern British style for a more varried culinary experience.
As the owner of Lily Mae's I can say that yes the chef is very experienced/qualified and we serve modern English food.
ian gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 19:24   #37
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Walked past this afternoon and it looked far from full...too expensive for Accrington & Districts?
Sorry if we are not down to your standards but there is more to food than polystyrene cartons.
ian gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:38   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian gregg View Post
Sorry if we are not down to your standards but there is more to food than polystyrene cartons.
Now, now, Ian, touchy touchy...I don't actually know whether your establishment is down, or even up to my standards, because I haven't tried it yet. I was merely making an observation and suggesting a reason for what I saw. Rest assured, I will be sampling your dishes at some point in the near future!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:39   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Now, now, Ian, touchy touchy...I don't actually know whether your establishment is down, or even up to my standards, because I haven't tried it yet. I was merely making an observation and suggesting a reason for what I saw. Rest assured, I will be sampling your dishes at some point in the near future!

Will you be going when the cutomer relations training has been completed
Old 07-11-2007, 10:52   #40

Ian...One of the reasons people post on Accyweb is because they can pass an opinion without being jumped on for it...........it's called Free Speech
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13   #41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Will you be going when the cutomer relations training has been completed
He's not got to the "How to attract new customers bit" yet. When I do go in, I must be careful not to say anything like "quiet in here today, isn't it?"...I might end up getting chucked out into the street!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:23   #42

Just be careful, whatever you do....don't complain, your feet won't touch on the way out.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:30   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Just be careful, whatever you do....don't complain, your feet won't touch on the way out.
On the contrary, rather than complaining, I was thinking of having a little joke when I go in by asking for a sausage roll and jam donut...then replying to the inevitable refusal by saying, "well, this is Gregg's, isn't it?" Possibly an unwise move, on reflection.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 07-11-2007 at 11:33.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:23   #44

Let me know when you decide to go, I want to be there to see the look on his face
Old 07-11-2007, 13:24   #45

Where is this place??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..