Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 20:31   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Looking for a day out. ideas?

The Animals are near the road there. Past it a few times on my way to Barrow
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 20:36   #17
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I've been a couple of times but think it would be better for a summer day out, also probably more for children.
Old 16-02-2013, 20:43   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I've been a couple of times but think it would be better for a summer day out, also probably more for children.
Im 24 ive been 3 times i find it brilliant
Old 16-02-2013, 20:52   #19
Senior Member+

I've only passed it Tom, but wondered what it was like inside.The first time I passed it I thought that the tigers were up the trees by the road side
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 23:21   #20

No need to travel far afield for an interesting day out. If you're interested in stately homes, Gawthorpe Hall at Padiham (National Trust/Lancashire County Council) will be open for the new season on March 23rd. Wednesday to Sunday every week and Monday Bank Holidays from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Don't forget our local attraction, the Haworth Art Gallery! There's a series of art exhibitions throughout the year, plus the permanent exhibition of Tiffany Glass, the finest collection in the world outside the United States!
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 20:00   #21

The Forbidden Corner, followed by Brymor Icecream parlour and a meal/ good drink in Masham
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 20:03   #22
Resting In Peace

The thread starter still hasn't replied to post 2 as to the sort of things she likes doing, nor has she said whether she has transport or when this day out will be. Would be nice if she could give us more info as people are only too willing to help if they know what's required.
Old 19-02-2013, 20:42   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
They were never the same after Alan Price left.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 20:46   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
The thread starter still hasn't replied to post 2 as to the sort of things she likes doing, nor has she said whether she has transport or when this day out will be. Would be nice if she could give us more info as people are only too willing to help if they know what's required.
The thread starter hasn't been on since the first post. Typical.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 23:09   #25

It's still useful for other people, though-it's a common query
I LOVE the Forbidden Corner even though I think it's aimed at children. Need to pre book though I THINK from what I remember. Some nice walks around there too and there's a chocolate museum nearby which I think is worth a visit.
If more into city slicking I agree on Liverpool, museums, shops, nice eateries, lovely quirky drinking establishments...

Last edited by Sunflower49; 19-02-2013 at 23:16.
Sunflower49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 07:32   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
It's still useful for other people, though-it's a common query
I LOVE the Forbidden Corner even though I think it's aimed at children. Need to pre book though I THINK from what I remember. Some nice walks around there too and there's a chocolate museum nearby which I think is worth a visit.
If more into city slicking I agree on Liverpool, museums, shops, nice eateries, lovely quirky drinking establishments...
You are right about the booking SM online bu phone or in Leyburn I think. Where's the chocolate museum?
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 23:34   #27

It's in Leyburn. It's more of a chocolate factory actually, but they give you a guided tour and there's a lot to look at-however It's quite a small place.
I wouldn't go to Leyburn JUST to go there but as part of a day out it's great-I think we went for a long walk then to Forbidden corner then to the chocolate place-I think it's called 'The Little Chocolate Shop'.
Old 26-02-2013, 13:52   #28
Rest in Peace

Go and spoil yourselves at the Dunkenhalgh, for a sauna, and a massage followed by an evening dinner.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 10:43   #29
Full Member+

Hi DaveinGermany. Just seen your post on 16/2/13. Glad your so proud of Liverpool, always loved it. Half me ' rellies ' come from there. My mum was born and bred there as we're my grandparents and my sister is married to a scouser.!
DaveinGermany likes this.
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 13:34   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Half me ' rellies ' come from there.

Have you done your familiarization course for the "Foreign languages" ?

my sister is married to a scouser.!
The Girl has obviously got a taste for the finer (or should that be Fined ) things in Life.
shillelagh and westendlass like this.

Tags
day, trip

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..