Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2006, 09:51   #1
God Member

Road to Nowhere

Just thought I'd let you all know about Oswaldtwistle Players next production, "Road To Nowhere".

Tickets are now available for the Oswaldtwistle Players next production, ‘Road to Nowhere’ by William Highton and directed by Gayle Knight (that's right, ME). The play is being performed 18th – 21st October, 2006 at Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre, Union Rd, Oswaldtwistle. It is a world premiere of this play as William wrote the play especially for the Oswaldtwistle Players.

Synopsis
Mike and Susan have been married for a long time and have very different ideas about the ideal holiday. Susan dreams of exotic climates and distant shores, Mike on the other hand has a closer-to-home idea, a caravan holiday in Devon. Unfortunately, for Susan, Mike has had his own way and they are packing to go to Riverview caravan site on the Devon coast. Unfortunately, for Mike, things don’t go according to his well laid plans and after accidentally kidnapping the Kwik Fit Fitter, things start to go from bad to worse.

Tickets are available from Accrington Information Office in the Town Hall in Accrington and from Edmundson’s sweet shop which is opposite Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre on Union Rd, Oswaldtwistle. They are priced £7 (concessions £6) and all tickets on the opening night, Wednesday 18th, are £5. Performances start at 7.30pm.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2006, 19:40   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Road to Nowhere

For a minute there I thought you'd got Peter Kay coming to Ossy.

Is it a comedy?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 20:04   #3
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

Is it a comedy?
No it's just paved with good intentions.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 20:13   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

Is it a comedy?

Yes, it's a comedy but nothing to do with Peter Kay.

Old 18-10-2006, 21:21   #5
mez
God Member

ive just come in from seeing this play ..funny & have been in a similar situation ... with a caravan ......my friends really enjoyed it & they loved "george" well directed gayle good comedy too thanks for a good night out, well done the oswaldtwistle players .

katex can i have the settee when you've finished with it .
Old 18-10-2006, 21:55   #6

I`ve just got back from seeing this play and I honestly loved it.
It is a well written farce with excellent charachters which were brought to life extremely well by the performers. It takes a couple of minutes to get going and I wouldn`t describe it as pacey but when it gets going the strength and diversity of the charachters makes it a comedy well worth tittering over (I still am). The quick fit man reminds me of Tony Robinson at his Baldrick best and the coppers were hilarious although way short of the nasty r soles I remember from my tree protesting days.
All in all it was well worth a fiver on a wednesday night (I`ve got gigs of me own for the rest of the weekend so that wasn`t the only reason I chose tonight) I recommend you stop thinking about taking the missus out somewhere different and get down the town hall now and get some tickets. It was mostly a lot of older folks in but this play would appeal to younger people a lot more I think. While comical the play manages to carry off a subtler more serious undertone of _ not being to divided by differences nor become to complacent with what you feel you have everything in common_ well thats how it came across to me but what the L do I know about theatre ?
All I know is I like what I like.
Well done to all involved.
Break a leg.
LUV
Z

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 23:10   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
katex can i have the settee when you've finished with it .
Hope you not giving people the wrong idea of what I was doing on that settee Mez, however, putting thoughts into my head now ... hmmmmmm ...

Glad you enjoyed it and congrats. to Gayle and Bill and everybody else... another successful production for Ossie Players .. turned out OK, hey?
Thanks for coming.

P.S. Don't forget to buy a raffle ticket off me .. need the funds
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 13:55   #8
God Member

There should be a review in this week's Accrington Observer. I don't get my copy until tomorrow so don't tell me if it's bad.

Yes, it went very well last night, people laughed at the right times and all seemed to be smiling when they left which I took as a good sign not that they were all just relieved to be leaving.

Sorry, Zero, I don't know you or I would have said hello. Thank you for coming, thanks to Mez too and I hope I see a few more of you over the coming nights.

Old 19-10-2006, 14:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Sorry, Zero, I don't know you or I would have said hello.
I was the one in the Celtic Cross top.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 09:00   #10

As one of the actors in the play, I'd like to thank Zero and Mez for coming to see the play. If you enjoyed watching it half as much as I enjoyed performing in it then I enjoyed it twice as much as you did.

Cheers

Shady
Old 22-11-2006, 23:08   #11
God Member

Now I know who you are ya little tinker!!! GOTCHA!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..