Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 20:24   #1
Junior Member+

thanks for looking after me

i want to thank the lad and a girl who looked after me on new years eve i was in pub on church st when i was assulted by door staff from the baileys and thrown on to the floor out side i have no idea why if any one knows please let me know .it a poor do when the ones who are sopposed to stop trouble are the ones throwing the fists .i have got a cut under my left eye and lumps on my head it has put me off going in there ever again until they change the door staff as they are not professional .if you do go in to the town avoid the baileys.

once again i want to thank the girl who helped me and the lad who came to the hospital with me as i do not know who they are .at least there is some good people out there
rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2005, 20:39   #2

Re: thanks for looking after me

That's terrible rainman. Hope you are okay now, just goes to show there are some decent people left in Accrington.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 20:41   #3
Senior Member+

So long as stuff like this happens and people are helping other people i have faith in the human race
Old 02-01-2005, 20:43   #4
Beacon of light

Have you reported the incident to the management of Baileys......or better still contacted the police.....you may have a case for common assault.....especially if there are witnesses.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 22:31   #5
Resident Waffler

I would certainly report the whole thing to the police and see a solicitor to see if you can sue them. It would depend on if witnesses are willing to come forward and unfortunately from personal experience although people are often willing to help they usually don't want to get involved in giving statements to the police etc.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:02   #6

When I used to work up at Utopia, you would get these great people who would look after/defend someone when they had been in a scuffle, but didn't want to go so far as to give a statement.
Also the rumours that I have heard about the doormen at Baileys, makes me think they are no better than cavemen. You might not have done anything to offend them personally, but it wouldn't be the first time that they have kicked someone out and thrown a few punches as a favour to one of their friends who was already inside. Have you any enemies that might have asked them to do something like that maybe?
Its worth complaining to the Baileys management and reporting the incident to the police. All doormen are supposed to be registered now as well, but I cannot think what the organisation is called.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:05   #7
I am Band

I agree with Pixie. Report the incident to the police, and make a written complaint to Baileys management. Ask to see any security video footage taken inside the establishment.

The retards on the door should be brought to book for their actions. The likelihood is that the police will say that there is insufficient evidence to press charges, but it does make them awarethat the door staff of this establishment are behaving like a set of neanderthals.

The post that you started this thread with, place it in the Accy Observer in the letters column, thanking whoever came to your assistance. If Baileys receive bad press through the local madia, maybe they will scrutinise the quality of their door staff a little more closely.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:02   #8
God Member

Just one question Rainman. Were you sober at the time of the incident?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 13:10   #9
Resident Waffler

Is being inebriated a reason to be attacked by doormen?

Old 03-01-2005, 14:31   #10
Senior Member+

I agree with sparkoligist and willow.No reason for that behaviour unless you were not behaving yourself
Old 03-01-2005, 19:44   #11
Senior Member+

yeah i have to second one of the comments above that they do help out any friends inside...

shame thing was the guy they decided to execute the favour to was like a black belt in three martial arts.

the company that ur meant to register with is SIA - u can ask them if they are registered etc...
Old 04-01-2005, 00:36   #12

I am also of the opinion that you should report the matter but don't hold out much hope of anything being done. Nevertheless you should make your complaint known.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:11   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
yeah i have to second one of the comments above that they do help out any friends inside...

shame thing was the guy they decided to execute the favour to was like a black belt in three martial arts.

the company that ur meant to register with is SIA - u can ask them if they are registered etc...
Although I am NOT in favour of violence being a solution, I think I know who and what you are going on about there mani. The person who was on the recieving end on the violence was cheating on the other guys sister, to whom he was apparently engaged. All very Jerry Springer.
No-one deserves to get beaten up, but if the bloke in this instance had kept it in his pants it wouldn't have happened. I do hope that this isn't you rainman, as it severely lessens any sympathy I had for you in the first place.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:45   #14
Resident Waffler

Whatever reason a person may feel they have to justify attacking another, violence is not acceptable, especially not from the people who are supposed to be employed to prevent trouble.

It may even have been a case of mistaken identity. That could lead to retaliation from the one attacked and before you know it the whole things can escalate into gang warfare.

People do cheat on their relationships and doing so is very wrong, but I don't accept that beating them up is the answer.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:49   #15

I am not condoning any violence or the doorman and their actions. I am pointing out that its a little harder to feel sorry for someone who cheats on their fiance. Call me old fashioned, but unless you are single its not acceptable.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..