Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2007, 17:47   #1
Junior Member+

Unhappy The Arcade Bar - Accrington.

On Friday night a good friend of ours was out drinking in the above bar, with a few friends, and yes had, had his fair share, when one of the safety officers or should we re-name them thugs THREW HIM DOWN THE STAIRS. He smashed his face on the bottom step resulting in a broken jaw. Correct me but aren't these people there to stop violence in our town? If he had been causing a disturbance if inciting trouble then these people, and i use the term loosely, would be well within there rights to remove him from the building, as this was not the case on Friday night, what gives them the right?. This is not the first time i have either seen with my own eyes or heard about this sort of thing happening at the arcade bar, it's about time something was done, this perticular person got paid on Friday night for breaking someones jaw, seems silly to me. Not all "Bouncers" are like this one but too many are. He should be brought before his employer and made to explain his actions, although i fail to see how this sort of mindless thuggery can be explained or justified. The young lad who had his face rearranged has undergone surgery to repair the break in his jaw, and it will take a while for this to heal, not to mention the upset it has caused to his family.

Last edited by Mick; 15-05-2007 at 07:30.
kenny254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2007, 18:11   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: The Arcade Bar - Accrington.

has nowt happend to the 'pig' who did this?
and when have they been called safety officers??.....
they think that they are so hard , they just padded men in suits, who only 'act' hard to please fellow 'safety officers'.....stupid name!!!
Old 14-05-2007, 18:18   #3

there must be cctv so have the police been called
Old 14-05-2007, 18:21   #4
God Member

thats disgusting, and i bet they didnt get anything on cctv either
Old 14-05-2007, 19:00   #5
God Member

THE GUYS?? you gay now carl??
Old 14-05-2007, 19:05   #6
Senior Member+

A few years ago,upstairs at accy con,i was at a wedding do which i had attended all day.I knew i'd had a lot to drink but stood at the top of the stone stairs i lost my balance and fell down the first flight.The kindly doormen rushed up 2(i think) flights of stairs to see if i was okay Then threw me down the 2 flights & kicked me out of the door Spoilt quite a good day actually.
Old 14-05-2007, 19:35   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccringtonsBarbie View Post
He Must have done something to make this happen. Was he not being abit of a tit with the girls? It happens alot but with havin a few the guys usually think they are being flirty when really they are over stepping the mark.
Acting like a tit and having a few drinks with your mates does not give these people the right to cause such harm. I doubt he was harrasing girls anyway, but thats not the point is it?

Last edited by Mick; 15-05-2007 at 07:31.
Old 15-05-2007, 14:01   #8
God Member

the arcade bar is owned by our mayor to be isn't it?
Old 15-05-2007, 19:47   #9
Junior Member+

Cool Re: The Arcade Bar - Accrington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the arcade bar is owned by our mayor to be isn't it?

So i belive, lets hope he can do a better job of being major than he does of running that S*** hole.

Last edited by Mick; 16-05-2007 at 11:12.
Old 15-05-2007, 19:52   #10
Resident Waffler

If anyone has been assaulted by a doorman have they reported the assault to the police? Surely if enough do so then it will be seen that the bouncers are a problem.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 11:15   #11
Senior Member+

Having worked in town for a few years I know most of the doormen in Accy. Now not knowing who was on The Arcade Bar that night or the actual lead up to the incident, I cannot comment, I will say that most of the doormen in town are very good at their job and do use reasonable force (as they are allowed) but if this was a case of the doorman being a complete thug, then the owners of the pub and the doormans boss at the security firm wants to seriously look at this incident, there is no point in sticking up for him because maybe next time the victim will get even more seriously injured.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 15:11   #12
Vik
Junior Member+

Well posted Kenny, it's about time this was brought to question.

What good is CCTV when the perpetrators can either tape over it, conveniently loose it, or deny that it was ever switched on in the first place. My understanding of doormen, is that they need a licence to work the doors, wohoo!! That doesnt prove anything, does it?

CCTV camera's should be installed by law and watched by the police, this would surely put a stop to this disgraceful behaviour, and what i can only describe as BULLYING ASSAULT.

So to all you doormen out there, Your job is to sort any disturbances that may break out and act as professionally as possible to lead the offenders outside, not join in and think its your right to use people as a human punch/kick bag. The Doorman in question, and im sure you know who you are, should be disgusted in yourself. Lets hope this never happens to a family member/friend of yours.
Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 15:33   #13
Junior Member+

He is well aware of who he is and so are his employers. Unfortunatly he is to cowardly to own up to his actions, knowing full well that what he did was not within his job description. Just hope it's not to long before someone has the nerve to stick up to these bullies.

Last edited by Mick; 19-05-2007 at 06:33. Reason: removed link
Old 18-05-2007, 17:45   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny254 View Post

P.S Has got acquainted with the girl,**************** how it to you? Only it is fair!

Can I ask why you keep posting this link? I pressed it, thinking it was concerned with the story, and seconds later my pc was infected with a virus.

Be warned people.

Last edited by Len; 18-05-2007 at 18:51. Reason: removed link
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 18:03   #15
Senior Member+

I didn't get a virus but it did annoy me. Going to do a full virus scan now to be careful though.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..