Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43   #1
Senior Member+

Theme Parks

Have just been looking at the price of theme parks and cant beleive the price of blackpool pleasure beach now. It would cost me more to take the boys to the pleasure beach than alton towers (and thats including fuel costs) I was very shocked at the prices now. Its not something I have really looked at for a few years with the boys being young but now they are getting to the age where they might start enjoying things like this i thought I would price it up but really am surpised at how much the prices have all shot up.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 08:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Theme Parks

gullivers world is good, i took ty there when he was about the boys age, was thinking of going again this year (thats not me asking for a lift if you go, we wouldnt fit )

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:46   #3
God Member

i think i paid £40 for two wrist bands for me and Reece at the pleasure beach last year, what with that, the price of food and drinks, the train fare....it comes to a hell of a lot

i usually takes butties but you know what its like, they always want something different when they get there

i have a few 2 for 1 vouchers here Emma but i dont think they'll be suitable for the boys, unless you go to the Sealife centre or Thorpe Park or Alton Towers
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49   #4
Senior Member+

Alton towers dont charge until the child turns 4, pleasure beach charge from the age of 2. I might take you up on that flashy, will have to work the finances out first though (may be more than just me and the boys going if we do go anywhere)
Old 06-04-2009, 08:51   #5
God Member

well thats even better, the more that go, the more you get in free lol

casper is picking some up this morning, i think she only wants 4, so i should have about 8 left if you want them
Old 06-04-2009, 08:53   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
well thats even better, the more that go, the more you get in free lol

casper is picking some up this morning, i think she only wants 4, so i should have about 8 left if you want them
Okies, will giv eyou a shout as soon as I know whats going on. Thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54   #7
God Member

IIRC tesco clubcard vouchers can be used and you get 3-4x their face value.

I think its terrible that you can't just have a wander round now. I like just wandering and often chuck a few quid in fruit machines etc. now I won't be bothering.

IIRC Southport did the same just before it went bankrupt...............

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:56   #8
God Member

if your going into town today Emma, i got these tickets from W H Smiths, they are on the counter(well they where in Blackburn anyway), might be cheaper getting them from Accy instead of wasting petrol coming over here
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

I think its terrible that you can't just have a wander round now. I like just wandering and often chuck a few quid in fruit machines etc. now I won't be bothering.

IIRC Southport did the same just before it went bankrupt...............
Was just gonna ask what IIRC meant then it clicked lol..........ooops
Old 06-04-2009, 11:43   #10
God Member

If you want to go somewhere a bit different and it is free for under 4's try

The Forbidden Corner - The Strangest Place In The World

I took my two a few times when they were younger and even though they are nearly adults they still talk about it saying what a magical place it is. In such beautiful surroundings too.

Be warned there are a couple of parts that small children may get a bit scared but with reassurance or avoidance it will be fine

You get a map when you enter and you have to try and discover all the hidden things and solve the riddles... to be honest I absolutely loved the place and would be happy to go back there without kids

And after saying all that I even broke my kneecap falling last time (don't ask!!) and still I love the place

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

This looks really interesting... will definitely be having a look
Old 06-04-2009, 11:55   #12
Senior Member+

i want to go there!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:16   #13
Senior Member+

Are they not a little too young to really appreciate that yet? (my two i mean) It might just be me thinking that they are when maybe they arnt though
Old 06-04-2009, 16:19   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

That looks great and it somewhere i`ve never heard of........£9 per adult and under 4`s free.......i think we may be having a look.................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:22   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

We are massive clubcard voucher users, they save us a fortune, South Lakes Animal Park, SeaLife centre, Blackpool Tower, Muncaster Castle,Alton Towers and loads of free meals out.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..