Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Take The Great Garinda Challenge (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/take-the-great-garinda-challenge-14328.html)

Romps 11-08-2005 15:23

Take The Great Garinda Challenge

2 Attachment(s)
Please cast your eyes over the 2 photos below. Those of you who have been entertained by Garinda must have spotted a stark resemblence to Anthony. H. Wilson, former Granada Reports presenter (eons ago), he also founded the famous Hacienda Night Club in Manchester and has a lot to do with the music business namely crap bands from Manchester i.e. Happy Mondays (Sorry Bez fans) & no I am not Twistin' Yer Melon Man!!

So is he a dead ringer or am I a soon to be dead Accy webber!

Please save my bacon and vote in favour of me.

Thanks in advance for your vote

Romps.......... Founder & Leader of the G.O.B. Party
(Garinda Obsessed Babe Party!) :)

Tealeaf 11-08-2005 15:32

Re: Take The Great Garinda Challenge

Yeah...well spotted Romps...I wonder where I'd seen the bu*gar before.

Doug 11-08-2005 15:33

Tenuous Madam, very tenuous……I think that the masterful Mr Wilson would feel quite weak at the knees to know that he’s being compared to the woolly Liberal Rindy Roo, Osszy’s own answer to John Inman or was that Mrs Selcombe?.....her pussy perhaps?…………..Ok, ok maybe a slight resemblance with the lights off…….lol. :rolleyes:

cashman 11-08-2005 16:08

sorry romps cant see it at all you should have tried Freddie Kruger lol

slinky 11-08-2005 16:23

Lmao Romps, so glad you put this on after our little fun in the chatroom last night.

You know what I have voted for.......................SPITTING IMAGE!!

garinda 11-08-2005 16:25

Romps you did mention this when you popped into the chatroom last night, and posted the picture of Tony Wilson for those people too young to remember Richard and Judy's sidekick from Granada.

My resemblence to this pretentious, mouthy, flat vowelled, effete personality was first pointed out to me when I was sixteen, by an Oswaldtwistle florist. Personally I can see no resemblence whatsoever, in looks or manner!

The people in the chatroom last night were privy to my subsequent 'dealings' with the said person, a story I'm an unwilling to state in a more permenant forum.

I was also at QEGS with his now wife Yvette, a former Miss England, and now the presenter on that silly spooky programme on Sky.

There's n'owt as queer as coincidence, never mind some folk.

When's the next meeting of my babe's fan club though?:smilingfa

staggeringman 11-08-2005 16:50

romps wish you would have put this on anything goes ,it was only yesterday that i noticed someone else off accyweb that looks like someone famous! roy can you move this to anything goes then we can have a real laugh???:D

garinda 11-08-2005 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
romps wish you would have put this on anything goes ,it was only yesterday that i noticed someone else off accyweb that looks like someone famous! roy can you move this to anything goes then we can have a real laugh???:D

Oi Staggers, butt out!

If I'm going to be in a thread I want to be in General Chat, not hidden away with the word thread in Anything Goes. Not because I love the limelight or anything,:Banane20: because I'm actually quite shy.

With other polls you can read how people voted, can you with this one?

Not that me being able to see who voted for what, should make any difference to anybody that might care to vote.;)

Less 11-08-2005 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda

With other polls you can read how people voted, can you with this one?

Click where it says view poll results

garinda 11-08-2005 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
Click were it says view poll results

It doesn't say that on my screen.

I'm miffed, and feel cheated.

Tinkerbelle 11-08-2005 17:33

Click on one of the numbers that shows the amount of people that have voted in each section .......... view poll results disappears once you have voted

Bazf 11-08-2005 17:33

http://www.songsofshirleybassey.co.u.../007_small.jpg

Could be related to Russell Harty

http://www.mikeharding.co.uk/photoga...sell_harty.jpg

garinda 11-08-2005 17:37

Lafffffffffffff

Another Old Boy at my school, who I had to entertain when he came to give the prizes at Speech Day.

Is there a bit of a theme going on here????

Less 11-08-2005 17:42

1 Attachment(s)
It should look like this!

garinda 11-08-2005 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Click on one of the numbers that shows the amount of people that have voted in each section .......... view poll results disappears once you have voted

Thanks Tinks. I'm flying off to America to thank JohnW personally for voting that I was beter looking than old rubber face Wilson.

Tinks, by the way expect a cyber slap in the chatroom for the way you voted.;)