Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Just gotta say. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/just-gotta-say-61470.html)

Restless 12-05-2012 15:39

Re: Just gotta say.

I think the replies here are a little harsh. Janet has made over 2000 posts and her karma has also been shot to ****.

Less was almost there. By that I mean, lets invite her to tell us what is crap about the site. Let her elaborate on what is crap and what is not. After all being a forum everything is up for debate.

Michael1954 12-05-2012 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 991291)
I think the replies here are a little harsh. Janet has made over 2000 posts and her karma has also been shot to ****.

Less was almost there. By that I mean, lets invite her to tell us what is crap about the site. Let her elaborate on what is crap and what is not. After all being a forum everything is up for debate.

I think the replies have been restrained, rather than harsh.

Restless 12-05-2012 15:51

ah. I just would like to know what she thinks is crap about it. It looks the same, Lots of the members are still here from when she joined in 2004. We know its not crap, but its like I have said; she needs to search the site. Seems she has come back and found all the darker subjects as of late. But has she come back and seen any of these comments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 991294)
I think the replies have been restrained, rather than harsh.

Yeah. I must go back and read them again. But saying 'bye bye you won't be missed isn't harsh :confused: ?

mobertol 12-05-2012 15:56

I don't think anyone has been harsh either -my own comment could be taken as light sarcasm and of course we all have our own definition of fun.

Just took a peep at Janet's profile but it doesn't give much away so i had a look at some of her past "fun" posts - laugh a minute stuff:rolleyes:

Oops, now that perhaps is a little harsh of me.:o:D

Restless 12-05-2012 15:58

ok ok. I guess I was just talking about John's comment. I got ahead of my keyboard :tongueout

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 991297)
Just took a peep at Janet's profile but it doesn't give much away so i had a look at some of her past "fun" posts - laugh a minute stuff:rolleyes:

i have just been doing that too!!! :o

davemac 12-05-2012 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 991297)
I don't think anyone has been harsh either -my own comment could be taken as light sarcasm and of course we all have our own definition of fun.

Oops, now that perhaps is a little harsh of me.:o:D

I never thought of doing that, so went and read some of her posts, got to page 4 and laughed so much I had to change my Tena Lady...is that harsh or sarcastic or sarcastically harsh?

Am I having fun yet?

DaveinGermany 12-05-2012 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet (Post 991206)
This is the first time I have actually logged into my account for months now, Just gotta say, that this website is crap,

Bit harsh isn't it Lass ? Could you be a bit clearer as to why you've come to this conclusion ? Have you had a proper mooch about to see what's happening elsewhere on here or did you just look at 1 or 2 dismal threads & presume ?

You said yourself you've not been on here for a while so plenty would've passed you by in that time. So go on, have a sneck through some older threads then come back & see if you still feel the same. :)

Eric 13-05-2012 03:28

I think that she was abducted by the clones ... not the cones ... taken by the ducks to the bottom of the canal ... annually probed by Jay's keyboard ... and then dumped back into this dimension to infiltrate this forum. The aliens hope, no doubt, that she will spread demoralization in the ranks. Not too much has been heard about the penguins lately ... they may be involved.

Mick 13-05-2012 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 991261)
Might I suggest you start your own website?

I'm sure that with your attitude you could create something far better, why not send Roy a PM and scrounge some room for free on his servers?
Show him how it should be done!

To anyone else, if you do have an idea of a website that could actually be useful to folk, PM myself or Mick, we'll force him to develop the best one.

Hey Mick, any prizes left over from the photo competition?
We could offer them up to an original idea.
:D

I am sure we can sort something out in the way of a Prize for the best suggestion that we actually use on site:D

davemac 13-05-2012 19:33

1 Attachment(s)
What about a website dedicated to invisibility, Not sure if it will work, I cant see it myself.

We could have photos of the best invisible object, as a starter I have uploaded an invisible horse jumping over a stone jump, you will notice the fact that the rider becomes invisible by sitting on the horse.

Have I won!

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2012 19:41

No...but it is a very pretty scene you captured. Have a putty medal!(OK Karma then)

Restless 13-05-2012 19:53

well she wrote a topic and ran off. Naughty Janet!!

davemac 13-05-2012 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 991479)
No...but it is a very pretty scene you captured. Have a putty medal!(OK Karma then)

A man outstanding in his field,, how can I not win I'm the only entrant. Dont say I came second again. ( by the way it was saturdays walk up the coppice)

davemac 13-05-2012 20:00

1 Attachment(s)
second entry, what about a normal horse with an invisible rider?

Have I won yet?

susie123 13-05-2012 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 991490)
second entry, what about a normal horse with an invisible rider?

Have I won yet?

That's not a normal horse, it's got a second head coming out the side of its neck. Is its name Zaphod Beeblebrox??