Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Joyeux Action de Graces (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/joyeux-action-de-graces-68569.html)

Eric 10-10-2016 15:59

Re: Joyeux Action de Graces

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1178746)
Now Now Eric, thurs no need tu get sarky, I was quite capable of hunting done it but only to extemnate vermin, and if I can take a man out at 1000 yards, your mooses shouldn't be a problem, best get some armur plate :):)

If you are going after moose, may I suggest the 44 magnum. Winchester isn't bad, but anything made after 1964 is junk. I have a Marlin 94 with the octagonal barrel and a tube magazine that holds 10 rounds. Excellent stopping power, great for bear. Of course, you have to put up with the half-cock safety; but a pro like you would probably agree that the best safety is the one between your ears;)

Retlaw 10-10-2016 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178767)
If you are going after moose, may I suggest the 44 magnum. Winchester isn't bad, but anything made after 1964 is junk. I have a Marlin 94 with the octagonal barrel and a tube magazine that holds 10 rounds. Excellent stopping power, great for bear. Of course, you have to put up with the half-cock safety; but a pro like you would probably agree that the best safety is the one between your ears;)

Eric one of the best actions I ever had was a P14, had a Schultz Larson .308 barrel fitted, machined my self a new bolt head, loaded some ammo with 180 gn lapua, was in a comp at 300 yds and spotting disc never moved, when Id fnished my 10 I was packing my kit away and gonna get on the phone to the butts, when a mate who'd been in the butts, came over and said here clever ******, we knew it must have been you, the spotting disc had 10 hits, I still have that disc an its just over 2" across

Eric 11-10-2016 15:21

I once almost hit a barn door from 3 feet away using a 6.5x52mm Carcano model 91/38 carbine ... admittedly, it had a telescopic sight, and was in superb condition: never before been fired, and only dropped once.:D By the way, you wouldn't happen to have been in Dallas on November 22, 1963;)

Less 11-10-2016 18:23

Can't understand vegetarians, normal folk when they make the mistake of inviting one over will panic and find an alternative to what they are eating.
Usually a nut cutlet, (how bored veggies must be with that), BUT, when a veggie makes the mistake of asking an omnivore over for a meal, they don't go out of their way to offer a bacon sarnie, or just one plateful of something dripping in gravy, no, no, no, we are offered a nut cutlet! (how bored are meat eaters with that),
I love and savour the flavour of meat, I enjoy the warm hot fat of something sacrificed for my table dribbling down my chin, I don't need to be told an animal died, I know, I've just eaten it.

Retlaw 11-10-2016 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178852)
I once almost hit a barn door from 3 feet away using a 6.5x52mm Carcano model 91/38 carbine ... admittedly, it had a telescopic sight, and was in superb condition: never before been fired, and only dropped once.:D By the way, you wouldn't happen to have been in Dallas on November 22, 1963;)

Not guilty Eric, I was at work when that happened.
Like you I'm puzzled about that hytalian rifle job I can't envisage any one doing better than you did, with one of those crappy things, who ever shot Kennedy never used a bloody carcano, and the ammo iyself was not much better. I think some one is hiding sumat, and tellin porky pies.