Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Joyeux Action de Graces (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/joyeux-action-de-graces-68569.html)

Eric 08-10-2016 17:45

Joyeux Action de Graces

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you ... the harvest is in (well, almost ... Saskatchewan farmers have about 85% of the grain in the bin ... the rest will have to wait until the blizzard is done:D) and it's time to kick back, gorge on turkey and pumpkin pie, good Canadian beer, wine, and whiskey, and be thankful that we live in a prosperous, free, safe country.:alright: Vive le Canada.

Turtle 08-10-2016 17:53

Re: Joyeux Action de Graces

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Eric :)

DaveinGermany 08-10-2016 18:02

Enjoy your day there colonial cousins! :)

Margaret Pilkington 08-10-2016 18:54

Happy Thanksgiving Day to Eric and Carolyn. Hope you both have a very happy day.

Rowlf 08-10-2016 19:46

Happy Thanksgiving Eric to you and yours.

Gordon Booth 08-10-2016 20:35

They're still getting the grain in but there's a blizzard?
Going to be a long winter?
Well, enjoy it anyway, Eric.

Turtle 08-10-2016 22:45

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Margaret and Dave. We're cooking our Thanksgiving turkey on Sunday with traditional stuffing and all the trimmings. After this long and very hot, dry summer I must say the cooler weather is welcome. The leaves are starting to fall like snow - but I hope the white stuff holds off for a while yet :)

dotti34 09-10-2016 07:36

To Eric and Turtle. Happy Thanksgiving to you both and to your families.

Turtle 09-10-2016 22:05

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a lovely day, although there's a frost warning tonight (got to bring in the remaining tomatoes and cover the Kohlrabi.) We went for a nice drive in the countryside, and enjoyed a good turkey dinner with mashed turnip, scalloped potatoes, German style red cabbage, broccoli pie, beet root, mushroom gravy and of course, stuffing. There's plenty to share with our elderly neighbours and some to feed ourselves for a few days. Miss Pris was eagerly awaiting for some turkey meat to appear in her food bowl. She's well fed now and happily asnooze. Hubby and I are hoping to stay awake for tonight's Clinton/Trump debate (Good grief! Can this get any worse?) but we'll see. Happy Thanksgiving Eric and all my Canadian friends and family. Thank you and Happy Autumn to my AccyWeb friends :)

Retlaw 09-10-2016 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1178724)
It's been a lovely day, although there's a frost warning tonight (got to bring in the remaining tomatoes and cover the Kohlrabi.) We went for a nice drive in the countryside, and enjoyed a good turkey dinner with mashed turnip, scalloped potatoes, German style red cabbage, broccoli pie, beet root, mushroom gravy and of course, stuffing. There's plenty to share with our elderly neighbours and some to feed ourselves for a few days. Miss Pris was eagerly awaiting for some turkey meat to appear in her food bowl. She's well fed now and happily asnooze. Hubby and I are hoping to stay awake for tonight's Clinton/Trump debate (Good grief! Can this get any worse?) but we'll see. Happy Thanksgiving Eric and all my Canadian friends and family. Thank you and Happy Autumn to my AccyWeb friends :)

Bloomin Eck, as Jed Clampit would say to grandma, your living high of the hog, sound like you had a good do, even to me an I've been a vegetarian for over 80 years, if it swims, runs or flys I don't eat it.:)

Turtle 09-10-2016 22:48

I send you my respect, Walter. My Mum is a vegetarian, one of my nieces is too. I'm made of weaker stuff, sadly.

DaveinGermany 10-10-2016 05:16

A long as there's thick fried Bacon ......... vegetablism doesn't get a look in! :D

Eric 10-10-2016 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1178732)
A long as there's thick fried Bacon ......... vegetablism doesn't get a look in! :D

"Vegetarianism" comes from the Cree for "brave can't hunt worth a [deleted]";)

Margaret Pilkington 10-10-2016 11:06

I could be vegetarian except for my love of bacon.
If ever I am in a coma the two aromas that would revive me is the smell of frying bacon and the scent of toast.
If they waft that under my nose and I do not rise, then to be sure....I'm dead!

Retlaw 10-10-2016 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178738)
"Vegetarianism" comes from the Cree for "brave can't hunt worth a [deleted]";)

Now Now Eric, thurs no need tu get sarky, I was quite capable of hunting done it but only to extemnate vermin, and if I can take a man out at 1000 yards, your mooses shouldn't be a problem, best get some armur plate :):)