Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Banned from hyndburn chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f71/banned-from-hyndburn-chat-69792.html)

Restless 23-01-2018 21:18

Re: Banned from hyndburn chat

Indeed :)

MoreJoe 24-01-2018 01:02

Groucho Marx once said it best:

"I would never be a member of any club that would accept ME as a member".

Retlaw 24-01-2018 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1207655)
But how do you automatically hit the formatting buttons every post :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Formating buttons, eh, aint geet any o them, this keyboard is nearly as old as you, it was specially made when WorsStar was the word processor of the day, it a heck of a lot bigger than modern keyboards, and I look after it, the keys are covered with cling film to protect it from dust and other stuff.
When I am doing my WW1 stuff I'm on another computer, the OS of which is DOS 6, no time wasting mousies, keys only. I know what your thinking before you say it, but there are 1000's like me across the world who still use it, and think its far superior to any of Gill Bates crap, and most of them are film script writers, and authors in the best seller lists as well, the WordStar group have their own web site.

Restless 25-01-2018 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1207751)
Formating buttons, eh, aint geet any o them, this keyboard is nearly as old as you, it was specially made when WorsStar was the word processor of the day, it a heck of a lot bigger than modern keyboards, and I look after it, the keys are covered with cling film to protect it from dust and other stuff.
When I am doing my WW1 stuff I'm on another computer, the OS of which is DOS 6, no time wasting mousies, keys only. I know what your thinking before you say it, but there are 1000's like me across the world who still use it, and think its far superior to any of Gill Bates crap, and most of them are film script writers, and authors in the best seller lists as well, the WordStar group have their own web site.

I think I meant formatting options :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Restless 25-01-2018 07:01

Are you telling me yours doesnt light up when you listen to ella fitzgerald ? :D

Well anyway.... that is pretty cool - ultimately better than using windowsXP....hell i have 2 spectrums here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQh20DQozI

Margaret Pilkington 25-01-2018 09:33

Wow Rob!
I like that...I really like it.

Retlaw 25-01-2018 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1207758)
Are you telling me yours doesnt light up when you listen to ella fitzgerald ? :D

Well anyway.... that is pretty cool - ultimately better than using windowsXP....hell i have 2 spectrums here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQh20DQozI

Sorry Restless me owd chucky buttie, bud id ony ez two red lights caps lock an scroll lock, and as for yon Ell wotsit, never heard of her, we don't have a radio in our house, an I definitely don't listen to garglers, in fact I don't think there's been any decent music written since Rackmarinove an Rymsky Corsets off died, an tele gets muted if any o them cat gut twangers, an tin can bangers come on, just tu see which on em can make the most noise, I do occasionally like a bit of Mantovani, and some times Johan Sebastius, or yon Sebeylius fella, Now Mozart he could write music, Magic Flute, flight of the Bumble Bee. James Galway playing, nowt better.

Neil 25-01-2018 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1207751)
When I am doing my WW1 stuff I'm on another computer, the OS of which is DOS 6, no time wasting mousies, keys only. I know what your thinking before you say it, but there are 1000's like me across the world who still use it, and think its far superior to any of Gill Bates crap.....

I always thought MS-DOS was Microsoft which is Bill Gates unless you are using one of the other DOS 6 clones

Restless 25-01-2018 14:12

I thought I'd choose something you might've heard.... next time I'll do it to nine inch nails for you haha

Restless 25-01-2018 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1207783)
I always thought MS-DOS was Microsoft which is Bill Gates unless you are using one of the other DOS 6 clones

For the most part it was

Neil 25-01-2018 14:38

I couldn't imagine using a DOS box now for my everyday computing. I've 3 monitors, 2 landscape and one portrait. I've 2 browsers open and shed loads of tabs. Spotify, WhatsApp, a programming tool, sniping tool and some other stuff.

DOS belongs in the past but we actually have 5 DOS computers at work controlling production equipment and they were only installed new on new equipment about 2007

Retlaw 25-01-2018 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1207783)

I never mentioned MS, there were many others including DR DOS 6

Retlaw 25-01-2018 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1207786)
I couldn't imagine using a DOS box now for my everyday computing. I've 3 monitors, 2 landscape and one portrait. I've 2 browsers open and shed loads of tabs. Spotify, WhatsApp, a programming tool, sniping tool and some other stuff.

DOS belongs in the past but we actually have 5 DOS computers at work controlling production equipment and they were only installed new on new equipment about 2007

So if they are doing their job controlling the machines why change.
Every time gill bates breaks wind, every body rushes out his latest crap

Restless 25-01-2018 16:09

As PC gamer unfortunately have to use his operating system - linux is in no way shape or form suitable for gaming

Quite interesting actually is the dos6 i dont know much about it

Gremlin 25-01-2018 16:11

I had a PC I assembled myself which ran TRS-DOS.
The O/S was on a 5.25 floppy disk and program on another.
I wrote a small program to teach children arithmetic on it around 1980.
Eventually converting it to run a two metre radio packet system.
Nowadays I’m happy to leave the technical stuff to the professionals and be content using my Mac or Toshiba windows PC,s.