Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 23:12   #1
God Member

Accy Car Chase

This morning I read the obit of a chap by the name of Peter Yates. Who he, you may ask? Well, for the idiots amongst you, he was the British director who made the 1968 film 'Bullitt', which contains the seminal movie car chase.

This evening, I've just watched 'The Bourne Ultimatum', which contains several car chases, all modelled on Yates masterpiece.

So I've got thinking - surely Accy and it's surrounding area would make an excellent location for a car movie chase.

Here's my route:

1) We begin in Ossy – where else, because that is where most of Hyndburn’s criminal underclass is located – somewhere around Curlew Close or Merlin Drive – with light machine gun fire coming from every direction (as expected). But the chase is on. Swing a right just after the 4 x 4 shop and exit on to Union Road. Ossy library and the Co-Op are both blown up by RPG’s- no big loss there!

2) Go West along Union Rd and see the Royal & Black Dog blown to smithereens – no big loss there either! On to Thwaites Rd, and a straight run to Blackburn Rd, with most of the slum dwellings on either side torched as we go along.

3) Hit Blackburn Rd, swing right towards Church. Hit hard left on Bridge St, first ‘jump’ over the canal bridge. Straight down, admiring the scenery, through the field then swing right and on to the next canal bridge jump at Church Kirk.

4) Stop for a pint and a breather at the Thorn.

5) Back in the driving seat and whizz down Church St, taking a hard left on to Henry St.

6) Phew! Another pint at the Stag.

7) Down Henry St and up Dill Hall Lane, with a hard left down Dunkenhalgh Way and twice round the M65 roundabout just to confuse the Ossy criminals left in pursuit, which it does.

8) Back up Dill Hall, hard right and down Whalley Rd, hard screeching left into Livingstone Rd. Various riff-raff now on the tail so Crash! Straight into the Crown Ground and wallop! Two characters with the initials EW & D’oN are splattered against the walls (shame, that).

9) Out and back down on to Whalley Rd, going left, then left again then right and wow! We’re on to the railway viaduct – a hell of a chase across the top with various vehicles giving fearsome chase. But what’s this? An Ossy bloke – the master criminal, with the initials PB – stands in the way. Never mind, he’s rammed, just as he’s making his confession and ends up flying hundreds of yards into the air, to land on the roof of his criminal lair, aka Scaitliffe House. (That bit rhymes dunnit!)

Anyway, back to my data base on a wet Wednesday night.

Any other ideas about a car chase round Accy?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2011, 23:53   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Accy Car Chase

Oh God.

I have this terrible image, of you sat dressed as Daisy Duke, typing out your fantasy tripe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 20:48   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Accy Car Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
So I've got thinking - surely Accy and it's surrounding area would make an excellent location for a car movie chase.

Are you a secret fundraiser for the Policemans Benevolent Fund?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..