Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2013, 21:04   #1
Senior Member+

Addictive Behaviour

It's been hard to overcome my addiction to the hokey cokey, but I've turned myself around- and that's what it's all about.
Studio25 likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2013, 21:26   #2

Re: Addictive Behaviour

It's been the in out in out I've had to give up !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 22:26   #3
Senior Member+

The hokey cokey was written in 1940 by a band leader called Al Tabor (1898-1983) and was written for dance hall usage to get the audience to do group participation dances. When he died he had a relatively quiet funeral until they came to put him in his coffin, they got his left leg in.......then all hell broke loose.
Less and egg&chips like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 23:14   #4

I laugh every time I read this joke. Some things get better as they mature. Sadly, I don't.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 00:01   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
I laugh every time I read this joke.
Thats funny. I do the complete opposite.
Old 25-02-2013, 08:10   #6
Resting in Peace

I believe that this wasn't Long John Silvers favorite dance, he had problems with put your left leg in bit
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:06   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Thats funny. I do the complete opposite.
What are you trying to say ! You don't have a sense of humour !
Old 26-02-2013, 17:08   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I believe that this wasn't Long John Silvers favorite dance, he had problems with put your left leg in bit
He once set fire to his wooden leg, he was burned to the ground. He tried to claim off the insurance..they turned him down........they said he didn't have a leg to stand on.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 26-02-2013, 23:04   #9

The biggest addiction of modern life is the mobile phone. An article in the "Daily Mail" today says that the average Londoner checks his phone 150 times a day, i.e. once every 6 and a half minutes. However did we manage to live before the mobile phone was invented? Somehow we seemed to manage quite well! Personally I've always regarded a phone as a nuisance and an interruption. Can't understand this modern mania for constant contact! Meanwhile, people ignore those around them and are lost in their own private world of the mobile phone!
jaysay, Eric and susie123 like this.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 01:47   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
The biggest addiction of modern life is the mobile phone. An article in the "Daily Mail" today says that the average Londoner checks his phone 150 times a day, i.e. once every 6 and a half minutes. However did we manage to live before the mobile phone was invented? Somehow we seemed to manage quite well! Personally I've always regarded a phone as a nuisance and an interruption. Can't understand this modern mania for constant contact! Meanwhile, people ignore those around them and are lost in their own private world of the mobile phone!
Indeed, anti-social networking has arrived ... come to think of it; dogs do a better job of keeping in touch by sniffing yellow snow Not to mention what it's doing to the language ... texting, that is, not the sniffing of yellow snow. Oh, and the increasing carnage on the highways. A few months ago the OPP released figures showing a significant increase in accidents which involed a vehicle crossing the centre line. Speculation is that the asshole behind the wheel was probably using his phone. Distracted driving is the new road hazzard. And for those of you who do a lot of driving: Is it just me, or are there more pedestrians than there used to be, stepping off the curb right in front of your vehicle? I personally don't want to end up in a wheelchair or on a slab just so that some richard cranium couldn't wait until he got home to find out what was for dinner.

Sorry about the mini rant, folks. But this cell phone bs really rattles my cage.
Retlaw and susie123 like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 07:09   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
What are you trying to say ! You don't have a sense of humour !
nope! if anything it is perhaps my humor is more finely tuned... Nah scrap that, Sounds pretentious right? I suppose its because I don't like dancing and I hate the hokey-cokey with all of my tiny heart?

I can almost hear someone say "what about the locomotion. Dont you just love being able to touch and be touched by strangers?" Oh I would hate the locomotion too - If the song hadn't been written by Carole King; of whom I do love....

Old 27-02-2013, 07:17   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sorry about the mini rant, folks. But this cell phone bs really rattles my cage.
I can agree...However; I do love my nexus 4
Old 27-02-2013, 08:12   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
I've said that for a long time Judith, before the mobile, if you wanted to make a call you had to hunt for a phone box that hadn't been vandalized, now you see people walking into lamp posts whiles talking on the phone, my granddaughter has one welded to her hand, I've never seen her without it, which actually came in handy while I was in hospital
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 12:34   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've said that for a long time Judith, before the mobile, if you wanted to make a call you had to hunt for a phone box that hadn't been vandalized, now you see people walking into lamp posts whiles talking on the phone, my granddaughter has one welded to her hand, I've never seen her without it, which actually came in handy while I was in hospital
Yesterday I saw the cheapest hands free mobile device in action.
A woman was driving along B'burn rd wearing a tightly tied head scarf which was keeping her mobile clamped to the side of her head she was chatting away oblivious of all the chaos around her.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 12:35   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Dont you just love being able to touch and be touched by strangers?"
Yeah ! Right up to the point I was given a restraining order
Eric and Restless like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..