Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2016, 18:36   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

All Electricity Does the Same...

No it doesn't, it may be delivered in a similar manner i.e. through the National Grid, but, from then on it has infinite directions that it can go to,

Television, radio, phone, cooker, vibrator and on and on and on.

Yes, the paths it takes are far different from what they were in 1822 when Michael Faraday invented the first motor.

Lets face it in the 50's and everyone was trying like mad to have a Television, that was different to what came before. (Admitted it may have been earlier for the goggle box but for the interruption caused by the 2WW).

Which of us back then could have imagined where electricity would take us?

Where it has taken us is into a world only half imagined by Star Trek and their Communicator. We have a blessing, all hail Electrickery.

It may be delivered in a similar fashion from all suppliers, well they have to, otherwise we'd spend a fortune on fuses, but, under no circumstances does it end up 'the same' used carefully it is far beyond the limitations of the advertisers minds that produced such a woefully unimaginative advert.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2016, 21:38   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: All Electricity Does the Same...

Yes but you understand it and how it works, that advert is aimed at Joe public trying to convince them to change supplier. People will always listen to what they are told which is how AgeUK conned old folk into signing up for a tariff from EON costing them more money. Funny how EON give money to AgeUK - link to BBC news about it Age UK energy deals with E.On to be examined by regulators - BBC News
Old 06-02-2016, 08:18   #3
Beacon of light

Re: All Electricity Does the Same...

Age UK should be ashamed of themselves, but of course they won't be because the huge charities are more about business and making money than they are about helping people.
I was recently asked to increase my monthly contribution to a large well known charity.
I refused and cited the fact that the charity were paying their CEO more money than you can shake a stick at.
I then went onto my bank and cancelled my monthly direct debit to this charity and now this donation will go instead to the East Lancs Hospice.

You are both right about electricity, as long as the lights come on, the fridge keeps things cold, the oven works....We, the public,know very little of the nuts and bolts of the stuff.
Some people will believe everything they are told.....others, those who are curious and have inquiring minds might look a bit further.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..