Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2006, 17:45   #1
Yank in King Art's Court!

Another type of "Brick" question for ya thoughts!

Okay, the "Brick" thread has been well read and commented on. Here's a question along somewhat similar lines that I'd like your thoughts on!

As you're aware, the brick dent was to be left by the Jaguar guy as reminder to slow down. Here's dilemma that occurred just yesterday:

While loading me truck with firewood for my neighbors, I smached my back window out (one of those fancy tinted Toyota types $$$ ). Now, since this was totally done as a result of my STUPIDITY , should I leave it broken to remind me NOT TO BE STUPID in the future?

Maybe better to nail the paid receipt to my bloody forehead as a more constant reminder ! Oh yeah, Cinnyose is not aware at this point of this "situation" (she still thinks I'm a fairly clever Bloke) so mums the word eh?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2006, 18:17   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Another type of "Brick" question for ya thoughts!

No the moral is never do anymore good deeds for people!

(Only joking.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 16:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No the moral is never do anymore good deeds for people!

(Only joking.)
That's a thought Rindy but these are the folks who own the 100 acres of pastures, stream, and woods where I do my "culling," cut the 5K Cross Country trail, etc.. Just trying to keep em happy!

Brian

Old 16-12-2006, 18:12   #4
Resident Waffler

Definitely replace the window but keep a bit of firewood in the car dangling from a string over the rear view mirror to remind you.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 18:28   #5
Resting in Peace

Don't think you wil need any reminders LYY . hitting you where it hurts ££ .. whoops sorry $$$$, and after we have all P.M.'d Cinnyrose, will hurt even more ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 19:00   #6
Resting in Peace

Ok .. you got double standards here LYY ... as in Garinda's thread re. wishing to know the ending (which you supported by the way) .. what did you do ? Did Cinnyrose give you an ear-bashing. Don't leave us hanging..
Old 20-12-2006, 03:47   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Ok .. you got double standards here LYY ... as in Garinda's thread re. wishing to know the ending (which you supported by the way) .. what did you do ? Did Cinnyrose give you an ear-bashing. Don't leave us hanging..
Nah, Cindy and the kids felt bad cause they know how much I hate it when I mess up like that. Hence, they were quite comforting. Went ahead call in a favor from a friend so he'll get it fixed for me. Currently have covered the space with a lovely plastic sheet bordered rather artisticly with a tad of duck tape.

Finally, successfully brought another load of wood to the neighbors with rest of truck intact!

Brian

Old 28-12-2006, 03:02   #8

Hate to beat a dead horse but needed to share my pain and sorrow! The best price to fix my errant toss of wood = $787. I was thinking maybe $200. And this was a price from a guy who works at a glass repair shop. I'm thinking the 15 cent plastic covering gives the truck some "hillbilly" charm.

cryin' Brian

Old 28-12-2006, 11:26   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Hate to beat a dead horse but needed to share my pain and sorrow! The best price to fix my errant toss of wood = $787. I was thinking maybe $200. And this was a price from a guy who works at a glass repair shop. I'm thinking the 15 cent plastic covering gives the truck some "hillbilly" charm.

cryin' Brian
Eeew Hek LYY .. that's lot of dollars, not sure how it compares cost wise with over here, know parts are expensive.

Well, may be ok for a while whilst your tempertures are still in the 70's, but when it cools down, certainly will get a draft up yer orifices ...
Old 29-12-2006, 01:17   #10
Resting in peace

Put a piece of clear Perspex in it Brian (or tinted for that matter), on second thoughts it's probably heated hence the price, if not $787 dollars seems very excessive! All the windows on my van were perspex through people trying to break in, we made a template out of cardboard, traced them out and bandsawed them, indestructable last forever. PS windscreen excluded. Ian.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 29-12-2006 at 01:20.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 01:26   #11

Thanks for the thought Ian. I look into doing that. And no, it was just a "regular" tinted 3rd of a sliding back widow. No heating coils involved.

Brian

Old 29-12-2006, 01:51   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Thanks for the thought Ian. I look into doing that. And no, it was just a "regular" tinted 3rd of a sliding back widow. No heating coils involved.

Brian
LancYorkYankee, do what most Californians do these days , go down to the local Home Depot where the undocumented day labor hang out , place your order (year, model etc.) and go back the following day and pick up, if you are lucky the supplier will have a buddy with him with the tools in hand ready to install on site for you for another 10 bucks, its much cheaper than the local Iranian (in California) run auto glass shops who usually install rear sliding glass windows backwards,
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..