Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2005, 23:10   #1
Always EVIL within us

Talking Aussie slang

For anyone contemplating a visit to Australia this year, this site tells you all you need to know about the Aussie language.

Most of the slang has been knicked from us pommies in the first place...but only the Aussies could describe a red-head as "Bluey!" (sorry about the cras music)

http://www.dunway.com/html/aussie_slang.html
Old 24-04-2005, 23:40   #2
God Member

Re: Aussie slang

heeeeeee now I maybe able to watch neighbours and understand what they are saying lmao

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 00:03   #3
Len
God Member

I just thought I'd mention while we are on the subject of Aussies that yesterday was ANZAC day over in Australia. Its there’re equivalent to our Remembrance Day that we have in November (Poppy Day)

http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/..._tradition.htm

Last edited by Len; 25-04-2005 at 00:27. Reason: changed link
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 00:11   #4
Len
God Member

Just had another quick look and I can certainly say that I know one or two Bludgers.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 08:46   #5
mez
God Member

it was mothers day too yesterday, (anzac day) my friend was going to her favourite restraunt for dinner with her kids,
Old 03-05-2005, 10:58   #6

Quote:
heeeeeee now I maybe able to watch neighbours and understand what they are saying lmao
It's Mothers Day over here on the 8th May... this Sunday.. we will probably have a barby and a grog up in the arvo and tell whopper yarns to the cheese and kisses... better look after the ol' battle axe other wise she'll scratch me meat pies out... cheers all from downunder.
Old 03-05-2005, 21:50   #7
white rabbits

oh now you have made remember prisoner cell block h ....i absolutely loved that programme.....................well im off to the dunny now ........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..