Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2012, 13:46   #1
God Member

Exclamation AVOID Intack lights

For the next 4weeks starting from today they are digging up the road at the bottom of Shadsworth road and the top of Whitebirk road, the traffic building up around there is mad, please don't feel like you have to take a shortcut after Wynsors either, my little street can't take all these cars coming up and down it, PLUS there are children living around here so if you must use it just be aware of the children and slow down

thankyou
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2012, 08:53   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: AVOID Intack lights

I always try to avoid Blackburn.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 10:05   #3
God Member

It's only just Blackburn Pete
Old 31-01-2012, 11:26   #4
God Member

I admit to having a phobia about Blackburn due to -
The last year of my working life was spent at Broseley House Ainsworth St.
The building was an enviromentalist's nightmare - had ancient plumbing and was sited amongst a diesel fume fog - I described it as a submarine in a cesspool.
My travel to work often took 30 minutes due to motorway bottlenecks at that time.
Has Broseley House been knocked down yet? or are some poor sods still condemned to working in it?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 11:40   #5
God Member

never heard of it Margaret
Old 31-01-2012, 11:46   #6
God Member

This is it
Ainsworth St, Blackburn, UK - Google Maps

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 12:00   #7
God Member

ahhh right, now i know where you mean, i think it's called childrens services now, something to do with social services
Old 31-01-2012, 12:07   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The building was an enviromentalist's nightmare - had ancient plumbing and was sited amongst a diesel fume fog - I described it as a submarine in a cesspool.
My travel to work often took 30 minutes due to motorway bottlenecks at that time.
Has Broseley House been knocked down yet? or are some poor sods still condemned to working in it?

I used to work next door in the Refuge building
Old 31-01-2012, 12:29   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I worked there for a few years Margaret until we moved into our purpose built building. My office was in the bit that went over the road and it was a nightmare as you say for diesel fumes and I kept getting tonsilitis over and over again. (Touch wood) not had it once since moving here!!

Social services (children services) have to work in there now!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:38   #10
I am Banned

turn right just after the phone box and this will bring you out down the road that leads to whitebirk drive,go right down to the pub,then follow the road left up to the traffic lights and turn right for blackburn,ok easy peasy
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:57   #11
God Member

It is easy peasy Alan but that takes you down 2 small avenues with cars parked all the way down on one side basically making it a one way system, yesterday we had cars attempting to go in both directions, pipping their horns at each other and both sides refusing to back up to let the other out, there's going to be an accident on my street if this has to go on for the next month, just consider the residents when driving around here please
Old 02-02-2012, 17:57   #12

Sounds like Spain, Flashy. There are narrow streets here in the village, originally made for donkeys to walk up and down, and there are problems when it is a two direction road. No-one will move for anyone else, so it is in amusement the local people stand and watch to see who's car gets scratched first.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:14   #13
God Member

i know exactly what you mean V, there's gonna be a crash on my street if they keep taking the corners without looking whats coming the other way
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35   #14
I am Banned

only tried to be helpfull flashy,sorry if i upset you ok
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 13:55   #15
God Member

Nooo don't be sorry Alan, i was just saying it from a residents point of view thats all

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..